suspension setup

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys!

i used to race motocross and i had my mx bike supension set up to match my weight and i gotta say it did wonders in the handling department! i would like to do the same with my fz6 but not sure where to start...is there a formula? any advice would be great! also i would like to throw in that i lowered the front end about 1 1/2 inches to install clip on bars but ended up switching back to the stockers...but i like the look of the lowered stance so i wanna try to keep that the way it is.

thanks!

First of all the bike only has 5" of fork travel so with the fork now 1.5" shorter you're down to 3.5". If you set the correct amount of sag you now have a little over 2" of travel, your fender will be bottoming against the lower triple clamp and you screw up the weight distribution not to mention you have less ground clearance in the conners.

Best to start with stock spec and get some fork springs for your weight and riding style. Also a fork oil change and sag adjustment. The rear shock is crap but after you get the front in the ballpark you can set the rear preload so it works with your weight, trial and error usually works best for this.

Back