Boxer-Design-Superbob-2.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't that a telelever front end? Beautiful! Looks like a short stroke 90 Deg. V-Twin.

Edit: I finally read the link. It's a Duolever front end.

Last edited:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
A carbon-framed turbo-charged V-twin superbike has been unveiled by French manufacturer Boxer Design.

Called the Superbob, its 1000cc engine has been developed in partnership with Akira Technologies, the firm behind Inmotec's V4 MotoGP engine.

The Superbob makes a claimed 158bhp and weighs 175kg.

It was unveiled today at the Paris motorcycle show as a concept which will go into production in two years if well received.

Project Manager Albert Castaigne said: “All the toolings are ready for production but full development will take another two years.” He said the target price was £17,000.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
A carbon-framed turbo-charged V-twin superbike has been unveiled by French manufacturer Boxer Design.

Called the Superbob, its 1000cc engine has been developed in partnership with Akira Technologies, the firm behind Inmotec's V4 MotoGP engine.

The Superbob makes a claimed 158bhp and weighs 175kg.

It was unveiled today at the Paris motorcycle show as a concept which will go into production in two years if well received.

Project Manager Albert Castaigne said: “All the toolings are ready for production but full development will take another two years.” He said the target price was £17,000.

Still 2 yrs to get the savings for this awesome bike :rockon:
I think, if it can be registered for the Belgian roads (it should be, as it's a French bike :D) - and if I remember it in 2 yrs time - I'll definately am gonna get one :cheer:

Grtz,

Degake

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still 2 yrs to get the savings for this awesome bike :rockon:
I think, if it can be registered for the Belgian roads (it should be, as it's a French bike :D) - and if I remember it in 2 yrs time - I'll definately am gonna get one :cheer:

Grtz,

Degake

Good luck....dont think it will ever see production! But as far as biking wet dreams go, i am sure this thing is worth the sweat!

:D

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
motor on wheels with a bit of a seat, wow
amazing looking machine

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
There are no advantages of a chain over a belt unless you do track days... and even then, most ppl that do trackdays for fun don't change the gearing anyway.

Belt = no maintenance
Belt = no goo projections everywhere
Belt = longer life
Belt = smoother

I think you may get 0.5HP more to the wheel with a chain, but who the hell cares about that...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on belts, the only disadvantage that I can think of would be trying to play with the gearing could get real expensive

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are no advantages of a chain over a belt unless you do track days... and even then, most ppl that do trackdays for fun don't change the gearing anyway.

Belt = no maintenance
Belt = no goo projections everywhere
Belt = longer life
Belt = smoother

I think you may get 0.5HP more to the wheel with a chain, but who the hell cares about that...

I change the gearing on all my bikes to suit the riding situation, not just for the track...

Longer gearing for touring duties, shorter gearing for Sports riding...etc.

I think i have 3 different size rear sprockets in the shed for the FZ (46,47,48 Teeth), and 4 different front sprockets (14, 15, 16, 17).

:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think this bike was designed for touring... and ppl who change their gearing on a regular basis on their bikes are a minority.

But hey, if you need 12 different gearing combinations for your FZ6, I can understand that any bike without a good old dirty chain would not be your cup of tea :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think this bike was designed for touring... and ppl who change their gearing on a regular basis on their bikes are a minority.

But hey, if you need 12 different gearing combinations for your FZ6, I can understand that any bike without a good old dirty chain would not be your cup of tea :D

Any bike without a belt drive is my cup of tea...rode a belt drive bike around Europe, was a great low maintenance system, but hated the lag, when i opened the throttle...

:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Lag when opening the throttle? Weird, since there is less slack in a belt compared to a chain... Next time try adjusting the throttle cable :thumbup: