Sunday morning w/the police

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
This morning I was practicing emergency braking in the parking lot of an industrial park that is closed on weekends. Two police cars come flying in and stop me. One officer gets out and asks if I live near there and have ID.
I tell him yes to both and give him my license.
He asks if I have any warrants. I tell him I better not. He just laughs as he calls me in to dispatch.
While we're waiting for the return from dispatch, he tells me the alarm in the building is going off that's why they are here.
He starts asking me about my FZ. When he heard it was a 600, he said it looks bigger than his CBR929(I'm assuming that is an older CBR?).
Dispatch says I'm ok. The officer leaves saying it's good to see a rider actually practicing emergency drills.
Interesting morning with the popo.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That's not an expected event! Maybe the loud pipes set off the alarm? ;) :justkidding:

Glad they weren't hassling you!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Good story. Can't imagine what they thought you could have had to do with it...like you would break in to the building and then hang around practicing bike skills in the parking lot. Nice to see the cops on the ball, however.

darkrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That's not an expected event! Maybe the loud pipes set off the alarm? ;) :justkidding:

I wouldn't say you are wrong in this case. Sensors probably surrounding parts of the building, I wouldn't doubt the loud pipes or some sort of motion setting the alarm off.

WenMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick contact Hollywood...maybe they could make this into a movie with Vin Diesel playing you and jumping over the building to freedom...lol..just funning you good story:rockon:

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site

Haha I thought maybe the pipes too, but it's not the first time I've praticed there.

Good story. Can't imagine what they thought you could have had to do with it...like you would break in to the building and then hang around practicing bike skills in the parking lot. Nice to see the cops on the ball, however.

Yeah.. and you didn't have a lot of room to stash all your newly stolen merchandise.:D
I said those same things to my wife. :thumbup:

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
This is some funny stuff...POPO!!!! I have had my share with "Da Police" around the Boston area as well. Maybe they are on alert this weekend with the Tall Ships being in town!
The ships made for some nice traffic in our mini version of the Chunnel on Saturday. I saw quite a few bikes stuck in it waiting to get off at Storrow Drive. Inhaling all those fumes must have been fun!