Summer boot recommendations?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I bought fizzer in '07, and that same summer I bought some rather expensive BMW boots that I absolutely loved ($240, iirc). 29,000 miles later, they're shot, and I'm ready for a new pair of summer boots.
I've looked, on line, at Firstgear Mesh ($126), Alpinestar Net Air ($160) and Alpinestar ST Vented ($200), was wondering if anyone here had personal experience with any of these boots.
The BMWs that I have got glowing reviews when they came out. Along with the mesh panels that let air in/out, they also had a "puffed", porous lining (think furnace filter) that allowed air to freely blow all over your feet; I could actually feel a breeze through my boots when standing cross-wind!
Don't know what the BMW footgear costs now, and I probably won't have a problem buying them again, but just wanted to hear if anyone had used the three mentioned above (or any others), and if you had any recommendations.
Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Sidi Cobra Air, definately great air flow from the mesh, but doesn't offer as much protection even though it's still a 3/4 boot, not as well built as my other boots. I recently purchased the BMW Sport Dry boots this spring, well built and great protection. I wore that on my recent trip to Wyoming, but I have been using the mesh boot locally.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Alpinestars SMX5 for 4 years now! Great boot and when it's time I'll be getting the Sidi Cobra Air.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I only have experience with one pair of boots. The Dainese Dyno.

Dainese Dyno Shoes - RevZilla

I wanted an all around boot that provided significant protection but were also walkable and looked good. They have decent airflow, but I've also ridden in 25F with wool socks for an hour without the piggies getting too cold.

I recommend them at the price I paid ($220). At $187, they're a steal.

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any experience with those specific boots, but I was looking for budget conscious boots with good protection. I found these: Cortech Latigo Air RR Boots - RevZilla.

I've had them for a while and feel they are good boots. from what I read, they offer the same protection as mid-line Alpinestars/Sidis, but they are far less expensive.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently using a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented boots. They're great in the summer, even on 100 degree days my feet stay nice and cool.