3 in One Summer gear review/pictures

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi FZ6 Forum members.
The summer is coming soon and around my riding territory it gets out of control, high 90s some days (30s Celcius). I am an ATGATT but some times wish I could just ride with speedos and flip flops.

I recently order summer friendly gear from Motorcycle helmets and Motorcycle helmet - Helmet City and even knowing this review it's not about their site, I think they deserve to be mentioned since after 2 helmets, 2 boots, several gloves including heated ones, 3 jackets, 4 pants and all my wife's gear too in the past 3 years buying from them. I have nothing to complaint about them. They always exceed my expectations.

First stop OSI Micro Cool Gloves - Titanium Gloves OSI Micro Cool Gloves - Titanium | Helmet City

So far the most comfortable globes I have ever own, They are easy to put on and take of.

Super soft and all the stitching is done on the outside.

The gel padding on the palms actually helps with the handlebar vibrations.

The micro mesh allows great air flow yet is surprisingly thick and thought.

It has reflective piping on the knuckle area for added safety and they have different colors including orange, yellow and green if you want more stand out presence.

They cost as much as 2 movie tickets, I'm surprised of how well made they are, I think they may be better built then the Cortech ones I bought for more then double the price, now lets see how long they last for.

Second; Cortech DSX Denim Pants - Black Pants Cortech DSX Denim Pants - Black | Helmet City

For some reason I find myself wearing jeans 90% of the time, some times I ride to a friends house, mall, walk around the city, restaurant...... and I'm the weird guy with the motorcycle pants/boots, not to mention they are not as comfortable to be on when not mounted on the bike.

This Jeans are made of thicker denim with some Brazilian leather reinforced impact areas.

The leather is hold in place by mesh and goes all the seating area and the knees, The knees mesh as a pouch too in case you like to use the included plastic armor, I have the armor on and it's not as invasive as normal riding pants when walking around.

The pants are really heavy if compared with normal Jeans, the stitching looks well made and heavy duty.

The only cons is that they don't have different fits/cuts to choose from. I wear Slim Straight (514) Jeans and wish Cortech made this riding jeans in this style.

The price seems right to me, I have seen some "designer jeans" going for 4-5 times the price, and regular Levis go from $40 buck without any of the added safety futures.

And my favorite ones. Fieldsheer Women's Titanium Air Pants Pants Women's Titanium Air Pants | Helmet City

Yep, you read right, Women's

I was looking for mesh pants and for some reason I really liked the picture and the description and never paid attention to the fact that they are made for female riders. I found out when they where delivered.

They are really soft and I guess because of the cut, they fit like globes, They are adjustable on the waist and also have 2 Velcro adjustable points on the calf.

The reflective stitching for high visibility goes all along the outer side of both legs.

They are as light as a pair of normal jeans and the Breathable Polytitanium Mesh And 600D Carbolex Outer Shell keeps you cool and dry, unless you are in NYC traffic and the engine will share some infernal heat to you.

Removable CE Approved Armor In Knees, not much to mention since it is just as all the other riding pants out there except the 3-step Velcro adjustable pocket for knee armor so you can have the knee protector on the knee, not lower, not higher.

Anatomically Fitted For The Riding Position, not the best to walk around but when siting on the bike they just feel, actually, they don't feel :thumbup:

Zip-out full quilted pant liner, easy to put on and off in case that day its not as hot for only mesh but not as cold for your heated gear.

8" Zipper connection that works great with my Tourmaster and Scorpion Jackets, I guess is almost as a full suit since the black mesh color is the same tone.

Hope this review helps someone.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Last edited:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
For some reason, I can't upload pictures at this moment. I'll upload them as soon as I can.
4a491d75-d8d9-a967.jpg

4a491d75-d8f7-228b.jpg

4a491d75-d90d-1be9.jpg

4a491d75-d92e-6dfd.jpg

4a491d75-d94a-9be4.jpg

4a491d75-d967-0cb1.jpg

4a491d75-d985-943b.jpg

4a491d75-d99d-9d88.jpg
4a491d75-d9bd-407d.jpg

4a491d75-d9d5-9d50.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow709

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I don't know all that much about riding so I look on here a lot but I haven't seen anything about the armor. For example, the stryker rig from icon. Are these any good? Right now I'm riding with a Teknic textile with just a back pad and I don't feel safe. this would be a good trade up right?