New Gear! - Rev'It

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So now that I am Buell-less I need new gear. I've had my Buell Adventure jacket and pants for about two and a half years. Very good gear but I want pure summer gear. So I dropped by the BMW dealership to check out Vanson perf. Long story short I end up buying Rev'It jacket, pants, and next month a pair of Held gloves.

I bought the the Rev'It Air jacket, and the Rev'It Rotor Pants. When I first saw them I thought they would be out of my price range. I was blown away that they are priced better then the popular brands. They are also cut trim. Usually I swim in the Joe Rocket, Alpinestar, Frank Thomas stuff. These are Dutch and have a very clean cut and look to them. Lots of mesh but not that big chunky stuff, this mesh is very fine. The fabrics are very refined and a super high quality. The other thing that is very surprising is that the armor is made by Knox, and is branded Knox. This is the high-end hard shell stuff, not cheap foam. You can also get a Knox back protector to fit in place of the foam for only $29.95 extra. This weekend I'll get some miles in and see how they do in 95 degree heat.

I'm not sure if this is introductory pricing but these are an outstanding value.

Check them out: REV'IT Motorcycle Jackets, Gloves, Boots & Gear - RevZilla Motorsports

View attachment 28921

View attachment 28922

+1 on the Rev'it stuff.

I own two Rev'it! jackets now and love them. Got the Turbine for summer, and the Sirocco for 3 seasons. Quality and fit are on par with the top-end Euro brands like Dainese, but cost is on par with the entry level Ixon etc brands.

The Sirocco especially, is by far the best jacket I've owned. I simply can't fault it and I've owned a LOT of jackets!

I'm glad you posted this up Pete. I was actually looking to get the same jacket, as my current mesh jacket is getting pretty worn out going into the fourth riding season.

How does it perform in the heat, is there plenty of ventilation? I'll be riding in 110 plus heat here in the summer. Plus how is the armour?

I wasn't really too fond of Rev Its Website, too sophisticated. I'll probably buy from the link that you provided. I hope they offer a MSF discount.

The venting seems pretty good, I've not ridden with it yet. The armor is first rate, it's Knox. IMHO the best there is.

I agree their we site is typical euro, over designed. I couldn't find a thing on it. The Revzilla prices are the same as the BMW dealer. $189 for the jacket and $169 on the pants is amazing.

Last edited:
Soon as I can afford them and I shave some lard off my ass I will be getting a set of Rev'it leathers.

Have been wanting a set for ages. They look VERY well made and very nicely finished for a high-end look and the price isn't insane. Works out to like $1100 for the pants and jacket, which zip together. Pants are the GP2 and the jacket is the replica series I think.

Soon as I can afford them and I shave some lard off my ass I will be getting a set of Rev'it leathers.

Have been wanting a set for ages. They look VERY well made and very nicely finished for a high-end look and the price isn't insane. Works out to like $1100 for the pants and jacket, which zip together. Pants are the GP2 and the jacket is the replica series I think.

same here, I need to drop about 40lbs before I can buy new gear and truly feel as though I've earned it. I figure 200lbs is a good goal weight for me being 6'3"

What I found with the Rev'it summer range is that the mesh is actually decent. My old Ixon Carbonic had polyester material (which supposedly simply melts in a high-speed abrasive situation!).

The Rev'it Air uses a 500 Denier shell which is resistant to abrasion, and is a far tighter weave. It doesn't blast you with air like some thin mesh jackets, which can then roast you at the lights, rather it just keeps you cool more of the time.

Sorry, I'm starting to sound like a marketing brochure - but I'm passionate about people knowing that some mesh jackets are all show, others are actually useful in an off.

same here, I need to drop about 40lbs before I can buy new gear and truly feel as though I've earned it. I figure 200lbs is a good goal weight for me being 6'3"

I'm 6'3" but I'll be ok enough to justify leathers @ 250lbs.

:)

But I am all man. I can pull it off.

:BLAA:

What I found with the Rev'it summer range is that the mesh is actually decent. My old Ixon Carbonic had polyester material (which supposedly simply melts in a high-speed abrasive situation!).

The Rev'it Air uses a 500 Denier shell which is resistant to abrasion, and is a far tighter weave. It doesn't blast you with air like some thin mesh jackets, which can then roast you at the lights, rather it just keeps you cool more of the time.

Sorry, I'm starting to sound like a marketing brochure - but I'm passionate about people knowing that some mesh jackets are all show, others are actually useful in an off.

oh HUUUUUGE +1

Ive crashed in mesh and textile pants twice.....they DESINTEGRATED in a TWO separate low speed collisions. The first time I thought it was the mesh so I got textile. The textile held up better than the mesh, but only marginally. My LEATHER jacket has held up in every time ive laid the bike down and I still wear it every day. The ground up bits where I slid i carry with pride, like souvenirs.

One more thing to mention to people if you're buying Rev'it stuff online. Some of their jackets are a short cut, others are not. I find the Turbine to be very short which may be fine in summer, but I'd be concerned it would pull up from my kevlar jeans on the ground. The Sirocco is a "3/4 length" fit meaning a lower waist. The Turbine overlaps my belt about 1/2", the Sirocco about 3".

Back