Suggestions for everyday riding gloves?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cold weather gauntlets?

icon rocks. even in hot weather theyre awesome. they dont overheat in hot weather but in cold they keep ya warm and they are wicked protective.

Sprocket

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Cortech Adreniline gloves. Think they are the best sports gauntlet gloves for the money. Paid $75 on ebay. The have Kangaroo leather palms, armor and outside seams in the fingers for comfort.

AutoXer

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like my Olympia 410 Gel Sportgloves - the gel palms are very helpful in reducing the vibes that have messed with my bad wrists, and they held up adequately in my one get-off. $40 at my local shop.

jZ

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar Racing Glove. Made out of kevlar. Neat thing about these gloves is that they are guaranteed for life. If it wears, splits, come apart even after you have crashed, they will replace it for free. So in reality, it will be the last pair of gloves you will ever need to purchase. I have also created a more formal review of the gear that I have purchased from Motoport, just hit the search tab and type in some keywords like air mesh kevlar.

KevlarGlove.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar Racing Glove. Made out of kevlar. Neat thing about these gloves is that they are guaranteed for life. If it wears, splits, come apart even after you have crashed, they will replace it for free. So in reality, it will be the last pair of gloves you will ever need to purchase. I have also created a more formal review of the gear that I have purchased from Motoport, just hit the search tab and type in some keywords like air mesh kevlar.

KevlarGlove.jpg

I'll second these gloves. I just bought a pair. I wasn't sure I was going to like them because of the tactile feel compared to my other leather gloves. I waited to ride them on a day I could assess them and I'm very happy with them.
They have a cinch strap at the wrist which I really like. You can throw them in the washer! Two of my friends (local peeps) have been using them for over a year. One guy went down in front of me. He had all Kevlar gear. His hand was under the handle bar sliding down the road. The clutch lever had snapped and the broken end had pinned his thumb. He walked away with nothing serious but where his thumb was pinched there was a pinch mark. If not for the Kevlar I believe his thumb would have been in much worse shape.
His gear fared as well. Amazing gear. I like the idea of the Kevlar glove cuz I believe if I go down, I'll, by instinct, reach out to break my fall. If you look at the photo you'll see additional Kevlar panels at the finger tips and the palm area. My friends that have them say they're good in the hot as well as colder weather. If you're fast enough you might even be able to catch bullets with them! :eek: Hahaha:thumbup:

Last edited:

Sprocket

Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking for a set of gloves, nothing special, I dont do any track riding, just to and from work and around town.....suggestions?

Pros and Cons???

Links and pictures if you have them would be great :cool:
I think that there are quite a few factors involved with picking gloves. It depends on the conditions you ride in?
I have three sets of gloves, winter Hein Gericke Hein Gericke (UK) Ltd. brilliant when its 2C and below.
Hein Gericke Hein Gericke (UK) Ltd. with armored bits. Great in the summer when its over 65C.
I also have some Spada leather gloves which are warm and cool plus provide a reasonable amount of rain protection to. I also wear a silk liner with my gloves.
Spada Leather Gloves Race Tech 2 Black - Feridax.com Although the Spada gloves are cheap. They were rated very highly in a RiDE magazine test.

I have tried finding the one fits all glove and my quest will continue. Good luck with yours.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The main point about the Kevlar Gloves. It's Guaranteed to last, or else it will be replaced. Before I bought these gloves, I was wearing out my gloves every 6 months.

Remember, leather weakens over time, especially everytime it gets wet. I've washed my gloves about a dozen times. Still has the same strength like it was brand new. Kevlar, got to love it.

Cliff, let's see if you can stop that bullet!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Have any of you guys taken your kevlar gloves to the track?
I'm not saying they won't hold up, just that I don't want to have to explain to the tech inspector the whole deal with leather weakening over time, etc....
I think they just take a look at the gloves to see if it's armored, leather, and has a gauntlet. They're kinda strict. Like if your gloves look old, too big or frayed, they give you a hard time.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have any of you guys taken your kevlar gloves to the track?
I'm not saying they won't hold up, just that I don't want to have to explain to the tech inspector the whole deal with leather weakening over time, etc....
I think they just take a look at the gloves to see if it's armored, leather, and has a gauntlet. They're kinda strict. Like if your gloves look old, too big or frayed, they give you a hard time.

I think you'll be okay at inspection. Can't imagine the inspector wouldn't know what Kevlar means.

I forgot to mention previously that my friend who crashed with these gloves still uses them and they are in great condition.

Here's a link: kevlar racing glove

I'm lucky in that the company is 30 minutes away from me so if and when I get pant's made they'll be able to dial them in really easy for me.

The sticker on the side of the glove is ugly and easy to take off.

But the sticker price for them is well worth your skin.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like any of your riding kit leather needs to be maintained as do textiles. The main problem with any glove is the stitching and the seams.

Kenny are your Kevlar gloves stitched together with Kevlar thread?
I like the fact that they have a lifetime guarantee.

I try to purchase kit on the basis of how it [kit] performs. RiDE magazine in the UK independently test products to destruction. What I like about their tests is that they often go above the industry standard to identify the best products. All of the manufacturers are also offered the opportunity to comment on their products performance. If a piece of kit does well it is awarded a triangle or a best buy. It provides the consumer a fair analysis and gives a degree of confidence when purchasing Often the top brands are equaled or exceeded by the not so main stream brands.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/uploa...t test pdfs/RIDE Jul09 sum glove test pt1.pdf

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/uploa...t test pdfs/RIDE Aug09 sum glove test pt2.pdf

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ride Magazine/Product test pdfs/13 Jan09 WINTER GLOVES pt1.pdf

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ride Magazine/Product test pdfs/14 feb09 WINTER GLOVES pt2.pdf

This is the link for their complete product tests.

Nelly

Last edited: