Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Trade it off and get a new one.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I had some bad luck with a cager today. Well to explain this, I was riding down a 4 lane road I was in the right lane, a Ford F-250 was in the left lane he swerved into my lane and I swerved into the left lane to avoid hittiing him. When I hit my brakes I hit a little road grime left from the winter and layed the bike down on its right side. The frame slider done its job there is no scratches on the right side of the bike. But the reason he swerved there was another car stopped and waiting to turn in front of him which I didnt see, my bike slide under the bumper of that vehicle. Luckily I was only doing about 25mph and I had all of my gear on. That stupid cager that swerved over never even stopped to see if anybody was hurt. Luckily I just have a sore leg, my helmet never touched the ground, the padding in the jacket did its job though the right arm is tore up but not my arm. Here are some pics of the bike afterwards.

coursonap-albums-motorcycle-picture2856-0316091714a.jpg

coursonap-albums-motorcycle-picture2855-0316091714.jpg

coursonap-albums-motorcycle-picture2854-0316091553.jpg

Next Question Should I trade it off and get a new one once it is fixed if it doesnt get totaled.

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're (mostly) okay, man! :eek:

I'd get the bike fixed first, then decide. You're probably a bit wound up right now, I'd sure be!

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
No pics showin' up for me??
:needpics:

Glad you came out of it with only a few bruises and some scarred up gear.

W

wrightme43

Well if you give a close up of the frame slider, frame, and the hole in the case we can tell pretty quick if she will be a total.

If so you can buy her back and go naked for cheap and easy, or get a new one.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thar be no pictures here. Sorry to hear about your accident! Were you upright when you hit the grime or leaned from the swerving? Just trying to recreate it in my head

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Well if you give a close up of the frame slider, frame, and the hole in the case we can tell pretty quick if she will be a total.

If so you can buy her back and go naked for cheap and easy, or get a new one.

It does have a hole in the clutch casing. Other than that the frame or motor does not have scratch on it.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bikes are really resilient. I dropped mine doing about 50 kph after hitting some gravel. It just kind of bounced a little then slid. It was perfectly fine except for cracked fairings. In your case Id still keep faitht he bike is ok. But have mechanic give it a thorough examination. If he tells you its fine then its probably fine. No sense going thru the bother of losing money on selling a dropped bike to buy a non-dropped bike. you will eventually drop the next one too anyway odds are.

Wombat1940

Have bike, will travel
Reaction score
drop.io
I'm just glad you're OK. Stuff the pictures. You did post one ............ your Avatar with that love kid sitting on the tank. That's all we need to see. Stay upright and safe, if for nobody else but her/him.

13 days to go ..................

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I was cut off four (4!!!) times in one day on Saturday. So yeah, stupid cagers!

I say keep it. If it's only cosmetic and can be fixed there's no reason not to keep it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was leaned from swerving and on the brakes.

You are not suppose to hit the brakes when you swerve.

You use your brakes if you need to do an emergency stop or simply slow down. You swerve to avoid obstacles, in which it was the truck. In a lot of cases, your best corrective action is to swerve, since you are not able to stop in time, but never brake during the swerve, because your're defeating the purpose, plus it could contribute to losing control of the bike due to the surface condition. Just my .10 cents, it's no longer 2 cents due to the economy.

Anyway, glad you're okay, and thanks for posting, even if there are no pictures.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
You are not suppose to hit the brakes when you swerve.

You use your brakes if you need to do an emergency stop or simply slow down. You swerve to avoid obstacles, in which it was the truck. In a lot of cases, your best corrective action is to swerve, since you are not able to stop in time, but never brake during the swerve, because your're defeating the purpose, plus it could contribute to losing control of the bike due to the surface condition. Just my .10 cents, it's no longer 2 cents due to the economy.

Anyway, glad you're okay, and thanks for posting, even if there are no pictures.

+42 on that!

BigRatt

Reaction score
Visit site
No offense, guys, but he swerved to avoid a full-size truck and found himself facing the bumper of a car. Braking in a swerve might not be textbook but his options were limited and he had very little time to mull the pros and cons. Braking and laying the bike down beats being thrown over a car any day. Like the old adage says, any crash landing you walk away from is a good one.

V

VDITRAINING

I guess the best way to avoid having to brake in a lean is to simply avoid the situation that leads up to it in the first place.:thumbup:

As for the guy who got cut off 4 times in one day...take a look at your driving as well, you could be creating the issue for yourself.

Now, we break from our regularly scheduled program and go to CagersLive.com and talk with them, first topic on todays board is STUPID BIKERS.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your incident! It's getting bad out there. The stupid cagers not giving a **** and just driving away. They should be shot on the spot. Sure glad you are OK. Some people on the forum may have some replacement parts for your FZ. Good luck.

V

VDITRAINING

Sorry to hear of your incident! It's getting bad out there. The stupid cagers not giving a **** and just driving away. They should be shot on the spot. Sure glad you are OK. Some people on the forum may have some replacement parts for your FZ. Good luck.

they're usually driving away becuase the scooter rider has already gotten to his feet and thrown the helmet at the door.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny said it best.

Glad you're OK!

After some measurements to be sure it's all straight, I'd fix it if it is all in check. Any police report? Witnesses? Unfortunately, without an actual collision, the other driver wouldn't be charged regardless.

I hope this all works out well for ya!