Stretching?

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I know everyone has heard or seen all these hyabusas and other bikes that have been stretched I was wanting to know if they had anything like that for the FZ? I don't want to take very far out but maybe a few inches. Can anyone give some knowledge on this?

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
Most Fz6 riders bought their bike for sport or touring, so the need for stretching like hayabusas or Suzukis is not practical. The stretch is usually done on racing bikes(and bikes that like to pretend they race...)

All that would need to be done is lengthen the swingarms, longer chain, and probably some misc. stuff like relocating or extending rear brake lines.

A custom bike shop could do it for you, as the aftermarket for extended swingarms for FZ6 is not readily available.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Hedmisten is correct, strectched out swingarms are usually reserved for the supersport bikes but I dont think that should stop you from looking into it further, I'd like to see a stretched out Fizzer. :rockon::rockon: Warning though, that stuff gets pretty expensive!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
No aftermarked stuff that I am aware of either. So I guess you'll have to go the custom route as suggested.

I'm assuming you just like the way it looks?

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No aftermarked stuff that I am aware of either. So I guess you'll have to go the custom route as suggested.

I'm assuming you just like the way it looks?

Yeah I like the way it looks but like I said I only want to do it a few inches I don't want to go to the extreme or anything.

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys I am going to photshop a picture and see how it looks stretched out and you can tell me what yoyu think when I post the picture.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys I am going to photshop a picture and see how it looks stretched out and you can tell me what yoyu think when I post the picture.

This is a short stretch on a yamaha r6....then they go extreme like the 2nd picture.

image.php

Katana_gsx-Mpatsos%20(1).jpg

Last edited:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Has the question of \"why\" been answered yet? Unless you are draggin your FZ, I don't really see the point or need.

form over function.....

Call up roaring toyz in sarasota, Fl they will fix you up and empty your wallet while he's at it but he can get the job done. If you have never seen any of their work, google roaring toyz........ some sick TRAILER QUEENS" :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see the purpose unless you intend to drag race the bike.

We have a TON of "street queens" in our area. A lot of money for no functional purpose since none of them go to the dragway Wed. nights.

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey all to answer the question there really is no purpose except I like the way it looks. I am not even sure I am going to do it just wanted to know what people thought about it.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
form over function.....

ture. There is another saying to go along with that..

"A fool and his money are soon parted" ;)

I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder as I just don't 'get it' with the shole stretching thing...along with Trikes and Low-Riders. Maybe one has to be from Florida....j/king

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
ture. There is another saying to go along with that..

\"A fool and his money are soon parted\" ;)

I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder as I just don't 'get it' with the shole stretching thing...along with Trikes and Low-Riders. Maybe one has to be from Florida....j/king

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! There are a ton of mods out there that I think look terriable. Unless the poster is asking "what do you think" I usually hold my tongue and say nothing.

If a person askes a question, they usually need help and not your opinion as to whether he should do it or not. Sorry for the rant, but I see this all too often when someone askes a question. They usually get an opinion as the why or why they shouldn't do it instead of the actual help they are seeking.

eparisien

Reaction score
Visit site
As people have stated you'll need to extend or replace everything, brakelines, chain, new swingarm and possible the sprocket. It will make it harder to turn and you may feel more swag on the back end at highway speeds. Why not try what I did, I removed my rear hugger and it gives it the 'illusion' of a stretched rear end. It doesn't affect anything and it gives the bike a leaner sporty look.

F

formula154

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! There are a ton of mods out there that I think look terriable. Unless the poster is asking \"what do you think\" I usually hold my tongue and say nothing.

If a person askes a question, they usually need help and not your opinion as to whether he should do it or not. Sorry for the rant, but I see this all too often when someone askes a question. They usually get an opinion as the why or why they shouldn't do it instead of the actual help they are seeking.

I think pointing out that streching will effect the handeling of the bike is lagit.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here ya go dude. These guys look pretty good. I'd actually like to add a lower brace to my swing arm. Why you ask??? I think it looks cool. :Flip:

Swingarms

F

formula154

You're right, I was in a funk when I posted that.:thumbup:

There are a lot of people who seem to think that their way is the only right way. Any thing people want to do to their own bikes that make them happy I say more power to them. I wouldn't do it though because I wouldn't want to change the turn radius. That is just me though. Any body that wants to more power to em.