steering damper help

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might head to the dealer and see some SS's and how those are mounted. From that, see how you can fab something up. What prompted this purchase? It could be you need to refine your suspension setup as this could be hiding the real problem. Well if there is a problem that is.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
The damper isn't gonna fix the squirliness. The stock suspension on the FZ6 just isn't that good and it will get twitchy over bumpy turns no matter what. As long as your fork oil is relatively fresh and filled to the right level the only thing you can do to improve handling is change the springs or install cartridge emulators, or upgrade to R6 forks. The only thing the damper will do is help prevent tank slappers. If you don't know what a tank slapper is, you don't need the damper.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It could be you need to refine your suspension setup as this could be hiding the real problem. Well if there is a problem that is.

The damper isn't gonna fix the squirliness. The stock suspension on the FZ6 just isn't that good and it will get twitchy over bumpy turns no matter what. As long as your fork oil is relatively fresh and filled to the right level the only thing you can do to improve handling is change the springs or install cartridge emulators, or upgrade to R6 forks. The only thing the damper will do is help prevent tank slappers. If you don't know what a tank slapper is, you don't need the damper.

I think that sums it up. The first time I rode mine I knew the front damping was not meeting my needs. Took a while but its dialed in now. I would avoid masking the issue and go after the root cause. Damping control. It needs it!

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
This looks like a decent setup. Mounted to clamp bolts.
y9yvydes.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This looks like a decent setup. Mounted to clamp bolts.
y9yvydes.jpg

That's the Matris.
The center is mounted to the two front tank bolt and the rod is maunted to the bracket attached to the steering. I had one and it was great!