!!! SQUID of the DAY !!!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess in Europe it's different, but here in the States, gear isn't the norm. I mean most of the cops look like this.

03.01.13news-flickr-alexandria-officer-peter-laboy-edit.jpg

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
The difference is like night and day. I can't believe with how lawsuit happy the US is that we let our cops ride around dressed like the picture I linked.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
The difference is like night and day-glow.

FTFY ;)

I've always thought the same. It just seems crazy that you guys are all (generalisation) so obsessed with various "freedoms", but as soon some one exercises those freedoms, the lawyers come out. Very strange.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Or the rider with the helmet on the rear seat or helmet lock, but nothing on their head :confused:

I see a lot of that here in Colorado Springs. We have Ft.Carson, the Air Force Academy, Peterson Field, Cheyenne Mountain, and Schriever AFB. Although Colorado does not have a helmet law, all the military bases do! So once they get off the grounds, a lot of times the helmet comes off as well :(

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Strangers taking pictures of strangers with skin showing and then posting them on the internet. Sort of creepy.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't get a picture of it (I was riding at the time) but saw a guy on his hog with shorts, t-shirt and a high-vis vest. Made me chuckle...

stetsonxd

Reaction score
Visit site
No picture, was on the bike and passed a guy on a vstrom. Out of state plate and was packed down with a lot of gear like he was on a trip. He was wearing a tank top, cargo shorts and sandals. He did have a helmet on though.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I've always wondered about the motor cops and lack of gear. I guess they're just too cool for it :rolleyes: I just don't understand some things.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone of Brittnay's Story. You can read it here: Rock The Gear

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess in Europe it's different, but here in the States, gear isn't the norm. I mean most of the cops look like this.

03.01.13news-flickr-alexandria-officer-peter-laboy-edit.jpg

Actually, I think he has too much gear/clothes on, I mean he is riding a Hog.:D

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sandal/flip flop wearing riders all have one thing in common....

They have never had a crash or they had a crash and miraculously were not harmed so they assume they are invincible!
Blah

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple summers ago I saw a young lady with no gear (no helmet) and she was staring at her phone in her left hand. Don't know if she was dialing or texting... :disapprove: