Spot the difference

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was down at Two Wheel Obsession today and after having done the Cush drive, Chain and Sprockets the other day I was still in the mood to improve stuff....lol. I'd been meaning to see what a few bits and pieces would look like on the ZR7 and finally remembered while I was there.

The bike is slowly becoming cleaner and gets washed and polished regularly now, along with lube and decent tires. I was even looking at a second hand Ohlins rear shock for it:rockon:.

Today was all about cosmetic improvement. We all liked it. :D

View attachment 23588

View attachment 23589

Before

After

View attachment 23590

View attachment 23591

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was down at Two Wheel Obsession today and after having done the Cush drive, Chain and Sprockets the other day I was still in the mood to improve stuff....lol. I'd been meaning to see what a few bits and pieces would look like on the ZR7 and finally remembered while I was there.

The bike is slowly becoming cleaner and gets washed and polished regularly now, along with lube and decent tires. I was even looking at a second hand Ohlins rear shock for it:rockon:.

Today was all about cosmetic improvement. We all liked it. :D

View attachment 23588

View attachment 23589

Before

After

View attachment 23590

View attachment 23591

Lol....Oinky's headlights found a home! Yay!

Looks better in the flesh, photo's dont do it justice.....

As for the mirrors.......They look far better.....now it's just case of sorting out the "Stationwagon" side panels!!!!

:rockon:

Oh yeah....and nice rego disc holder!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice mirrors!
Can't say I'm a fan of the headlights though, but each to his own :p
(Never liked that kind of look on the street triple either)

Well, ya gotta at least say they are better than the 1940's vintage jobby that was on there before!!!!

:BLAA:

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
My riding buddy has a 1975 Z1, how the hell he goes fast round corners with them skinny tyres and the bamboo frame I will never know. He has owned it for over 20ish years, only bike he has.

I think the FZ has a little more speed on the take off in normal road riding, but not much in it.

He generally gets a lot more interest in the Z than is ever shown in the FZ.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My riding buddy has a 1975 Z1, how the hell he goes fast round corners with them skinny tyres and the bamboo frame I will never know. He has owned it for over 20ish years, only bike he has.

I think the FZ has a little more speed on the take off in normal road riding, but not much in it.

That's it. That's what I want. Beautiful and classic.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, ya gotta at least say they are better than the 1940's vintage jobby that was on there before!!!!

:BLAA:

Haha thats what my first bike had for a headlight so it grew on me!
Prefer that older school look tbh. It probably looks better IRL though, pictures never do justice!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice, really updates the look of the bike. Maybe a slimmer front fender too?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Very nice! The "bats", muffler haven't rusted yet! I'm surprised.