SPOILER! :Moto GP.....thoughts re today's race

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, just finisged watching the Moto GP race in Germany....

i have come to the following conclusions!

1. Pedrosa rode like a bloke trying to keep his job...
2. Lorenzo rode for the Championship.
3. Stoner rode like he doesnt care what happens for the rest of the season, and is already looking to 2011...until Rossi challenged him, then he rode just hard enough to get past him!
4. Rossi has my respect today....amazing ride from a true champion...dont worry i still dont like him! But credit is due, where it is due...

:thumbup:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was a great race, spoiled only by two things:

Randy's injury, fractured tib-fib like Rossi had.
The stupid rules preventing Espargaro and Bautista from taking part in the second part of the race.

Oh yeah, and Rossi not taking the podium.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
What you are saying about Stoner is not the truth, has no foundation of fact and is a blatant 'slur' against the man's reputation and good standing.
Stoner is an Australian champion and earns respect every time he rides for his courage and ability.

1. He has recently been off that bike and it would have hurt.

2. The Ducati only makes it into the top 3 because of Stoner, where did his team mate finish in the last 10 races?

3. It is obvious that Honda (recently) and Yamaha have much better handling bikes. Especially when you consider Rossi was injured and could still challenge Stoner.

4. What was Ducati thinking when they put those wings on the bike's fairings?

If you are happening to agree with the comments on Stoner, lets see your rider race history and injury list. I doubt anyone here has riden at that level where they can get back on a bike like Stoner and still make great times.

Ultimately, GP is about risk, ability and the machine you are riding. Certainly weather factors play a part. What I find is that those riders that exceed their ability and take too many risks, break bones. Every race for Stoner is important, their window of opportunity is small at this level and I find your comments tiresome and girlish.
Rumpole
(will be supporting both Stoner and Yamaha at Australian Moto GP

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What you are saying about Stoner is not the truth, has no foundation of fact and is a blatant 'slur' against the man's reputation and good standing.
Stoner is an Australian champion and earns respect every time he rides for his courage and ability.

2. The Ducati only makes it into the top 3 because of Stoner, where did his team mate finish in the last 10 races?

3. It is obvious that Honda (recently) and Yamaha have much better handling bikes. Especially when you consider Rossi was injured and could still challenge Stoner.

If you are happening to agree with the comments on Stoner, lets see your rider race history and injury list. I doubt anyone here has riden at that level where they can get back on a bike like Stoner and still make great times.

Ultimately, GP is about risk, ability and the machine you are riding. Certainly weather factors play a part. What I find is that those riders that exceed their ability and take too many risks, break bones. Every race for Stoner is important, their window of opportunity is small at this level and I find your comments tiresome and girlish.
Rumpole
And I thought I was biased towards Rossi :eek:

As for Stoner being respected, you have to earn that. He is not a pleasant person in the pit paddock. He is very "brattish". This has ALWAYS been the case - from his first Wildcard ride right until now. I have witnessed this first hand. Arrogant riders are not popular. The same was the case with Max Biaggi when he rode in the 250's, 500cc etc. Now he is in the WSB, he has eaten humble pie and now respects both fans and press.

There are many riders who think they are better than everyone else. It's ok as long as you can smile for your fans and look like your're having a good time. Casey is not one of these riders. I don't go for a rider just because he's Australian, but Stoner would be the only one I don't like, with the exception of Wayne Gardiner. He too was arrogant and is not humble around his fans.

My 2c worth :D

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The stupid rules preventing Espargaro and Bautista from taking part in the second part of the race.

Bautista , yes he was hard done by but Espargaro needed help from his little bother putting his helmet & gloves on :eek: He was in not way fit to ride the rest of the race...

Ohh yeah & i better say it , well done Valentino you proved me wrong :thumbup: although i think a full uniterupted race may have been a challenge ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Rumpole

Hey there mr Rumpy, i happen to be the biggest supporter of Stoner on this forum! and Champion his cause all the freaking time!!!!

No i cant ride like Stoner, but to call me Girlish, & tiresome.....get a grip buddy! I saw what i saw, and it was not till Rossi Challenged him for third, that he found a little extra pace....as Stoner said after the race, he got stuck behind Dovi for a bit too long at the start of the 2nd part of the race, and lost touch with Dani & Jorge, and as such, had no real chance of catching them....i bet if it was the last round, and the Championship was hanging on his catching them, he would of "found something", but at this point in the season, on a bike which he is clearly better than anyone else on, he is still struggling for grip....look at the difference in his lap times from the same track last year.....faster! Obviously the Ducati GP10 is not quite as well set up as they had the GP09, either that, or it doesnt do so well with te control tyres....

I am the first one to acknowledge Stoner's courage, skill, and ability....and i reserve my right to be an armchair critic....

I find your copmments to be very self righteous! and petty! Go have a beer!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Rumpole

Hey there mr Rumpy, i happen to be the biggest supporter of Stoner on this forum! and Champion his cause all the freaking time!!!!

No i cant ride like Stoner, but to call me Girlish, & tiresome.....get a grip buddy! I saw what i saw, and it was not till Rossi Challenged him for third, that he found a little extra pace....as Stoner said after the race, he got stuck behind Dovi for a bit too long at the start of the 2nd part of the race, and lost touch with Dani & Jorge, and as such, had no real chance of catching them....i bet if it was the last round, and the Championship was hanging on his catching them, he would of "found something", but at this point in the season, on a bike which he is clearly better than anyone else on, he is still struggling for grip....look at the difference in his lap times from the same track last year.....faster! Obviously the Ducati GP10 is not quite as well set up as they had the GP09, either that, or it doesnt do so well with te control tyres....

I am the first one to acknowledge Stoner's courage, skill, and ability....and i reserve my right to be an armchair critic....

I find your copmments to be very self righteous! and petty! Go have a beer!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :iconbeer: :iconbeer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll back you a 100% for being the most vocal & tragic Stoner fan on the forum :thumbup: And i agree he did need Rossi to inspire him to push a tad harder :thumbup:

I am only vocal & tragic about him, cause he is an Aussie....will ALWAYS floow an Aussie, does'nt matter who they are, what the sport is, how nasty they are, etc....if your an Aussie, you have my support ALWAYS! Blind faith included!

If the truth has to be known, my favourite Moto GP rider right now is Ben Spies...i just widh Yamaha would give him a factory engine for every race, not just Laguna Seca, like they reckon they are this weekend!

SPIES FOR ROSSI'S BIKE NEXT YEAR!!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Ducati only makes it into the top 3 because of Stoner, where did his team mate finish in the last 10 races?

Ahem....

Stoner is only 5 points clear of Hayden in the championship, and that is because of his 3rd this weekend.

This year so far Hayden has finished ahead of Stoner in 4 of the 8 races.

Qatar: Hayden 4th, Stoner DNF
Spain: Hayden 4th, Stoner 5th
France: Hayden 4th, Stoner DNF
Italy: Stoner 4th, Hayden DNF
Britain: Hayden 4th, Stoner 5th
Assen: Stoner 3rd, Hayden 7th
Catalunya: Stoner 3rd, Hayden 8th
Germany: Stoner 3rd, Hayden 7th

It's total points that make a title, not the odd third and falling off in between.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Andrew Pitt won the world supersport championship 3 years ago, I think, without even winning a race :eek:

Points win championships, not wins. Like Andy said.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am only vocal & tragic about him, cause he is an Aussie....will ALWAYS floow an Aussie, does'nt matter who they are, what the sport is, how nasty they are, etc....if your an Aussie, you have my support ALWAYS! Blind faith included!

If the truth has to be known, my favourite Moto GP rider right now is Ben Spies...i just widh Yamaha would give him a factory engine for every race, not just Laguna Seca, like they reckon they are this weekend!

I guess im going to have to get real vocal about Stoner now that my man RdP is out :(.. But you dont have to look any further than me for supporting Aussies on the world stage , i got more excited over Ant West being fast in the rain during Moto2 warm up than anybody & well Kel had to tell me to calm down when Damo scored an AWESOME 7th :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahem....

Stoner is only 5 points clear of Hayden in the championship, and that is because of his 3rd this weekend.

This year so far Hayden has finished ahead of Stoner in 4 of the 8 races.

Qatar: Hayden 4th, Stoner DNF
Spain: Hayden 4th, Stoner 5th
France: Hayden 4th, Stoner DNF
Italy: Stoner 4th, Hayden DNF
Britain: Hayden 4th, Stoner 5th
Assen: Stoner 3rd, Hayden 7th
Catalunya: Stoner 3rd, Hayden 8th
Germany: Stoner 3rd, Hayden 7th

It's total points that make a title, not the odd third and falling off in between.

Agrree 100%! Casey, or his bikes handling woes has been his downfall this season! Hatden is starting to "fade" now though....which is interesting, would love to hear what Hayden has to say about this "off the record"...me thinks Ducati has gone back to setting up the bikes more for Casey...

???

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess im going to have to get real vocal about Stoner now that my man RdP is out :(.. But you dont have to look any further than me for supporting Aussies on the world stage , i got more excited over Ant West being fast in the rain during Moto2 warm up than anybody & well Kel had to tell me to calm down when Damo scored an AWESOME 7th :D
Yep, I was pretty stoked to see Damian get 7th. He dropped off towards the end, but he rode an awesome race :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Andrew Pitt won the world supersport championship 3 years ago, I think, without even winning a race :eek:

Points win championships, not wins. Like Andy said.

Not always, but sometimes....look at when Hayden won the Championship...same thing...consistency over a season won the championship for him too...

But at the end of the day...in a "hot" championship, like this year.....Race wins like Jorge is doing, is the "best" way!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site

+1. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Once he gets his hands on the real M1, watch him fly.

Anyway the race. Agree, Robot rode like he was riding for his job. Lorenzo rode for the championship like a champion.

Feel like Lorenzo 'gifted' Robot the win, because if Lorenzo kept pushing Robot would have fallen off/run off track like he usually does when pressured hard for the win.

Brilliant move by Casey on Rossi at the final bend, shows at least he's thinking. But he's still not riding with heart/passion/fire like he did in 2007/2008. If he can do his final lap at the pace of the leaders, surely he can do it all race and BLOODY FIGHT!

RdP, get better quick lil buddy :thumbup: