Speedometer/Tachometer/Display not working

That1robbie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!

I recently bought a used 2005 FZ6 that needed some work to be done. Mainly cosmetic, and some electrical. After I purchased it I realized the Display did not work (I have no idea how I missed that). The backlights seem to be working, but everything else isnt. I checked the wiring and everything seems okay, except for two connectors that are unplugged. I can't figure out if/where they are supposed to go.

Here are some pictures: Wires - Imgur

Picture 1 & 2 : First disconnection: Blue, Black, Brown
Picture 4: Disconnected White with pink stripe
Picture 5: This one was harder to get a picture of. It has an olive green, blue with red stripe, and Black (I'll double check this in a bit)

Any ideas?

EDIT: FIXED IT

So i took it apart again and traced all the wires. Everything looked good. After reading a few other threads here, I discovered a very obvious solution that I hadn't tried yet. Turns out, the fuse was blown. Thankfully, the spare was still in the fuse box, I plugged it in, and BAM. Everything is working now. Yayy. I am extremely happy now. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The grey connectors are for the turn signals. They should just plug and play. Do the turn signals work? Are they stock or after market?

Last edited:

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
The 3rd and 4th photo show the bunch of wires that go into the back of the speedo. They look like they have been cut and soldered back together. By the looks of that electrical tape. If the bike has other damage there is a good chance the dash was damaged and has been replaced with a different dash that may have had a different plug and the previous owner has tried to splice the wires and failed some what. I have recently gone through all this when I replaced the ecu and wiring harness on my Aussie FZ6 to an American ecu and harness. I'm not saying that this is definitely your problem....the dash may be faulty but just something I noticed in the photos. I have the wiring diagrams for each bike with different speedo's if you need them.

leelos

Reaction score
Visit site
hi m8s , i have the same problem but i cannot find a broken fuse . does anyone know which one fuse are we talking about ?

the olny think that we dont have in common is that my speedometer does not get any info . ( fuel , heat , speed , rpm , )
olny light and signals works .

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hi m8s , i have the same problem but i cannot find a broken fuse . does anyone know which one fuse are we talking about ?

the olny think that we dont have in common is that my speedometer does not get any info . ( fuel , heat , speed , rpm , )
olny light and signals works .

There's fuses under the right "pod". The thing just below the seat and sticks out some. You need an allan wrench to remove one screw, then the cover pops off. Most fuses are right there.

Do you have an owners manual? If not, PM me with an E-mail address and if your bike is an S1 or S2 model. You really should have it and read it..