SpeedoHealer group buy ???

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your odo will read a little less that how far you've actually gone. Our bike are calibrated so that the odo is very close to correct (obviously variations with tire wear, etc.), but the displayed speed and actually the tach as well display fast. They are inflated.

So, the manufacturer said "Your odo wont read further than what you've gone". That doesn't mean your odo stays correct, it actually goes the other direction some.

This unit just modifies the signal that gets sent to the computer on our bikes from the transmission output up or down depending on what you set it at. There's only one signal that the bike uses for distance and speed so when you modify the signal to make the speedo read a little bit slower, you're actually telling it that you're not going as far either. It's the circuitry in the computer of our bikes that takes the signal and creates the odometer reading, then takes it and multiplies it by 1.06 or whatever and the creates a speed reading. If you could reprogram the computer on our bikes to not inflate the speed it displays, it would be the best fix; in keeping the odo calibrated as well. That's not really an option now so modifying the signal is the next best thing to display the proper speed, but the effect is also slowing down the odo a little bit.

If you changed your sprokets and did the calculations, you could use the speedo healer to actually re-correct your odo, but your speedo would also then be happy the same amount it is stock.

Fromt the FAQ ? #5 on their website:

"5. Will the SH calibrate both my speedo and odometer?

Yes, but it is not possible to calibrate them separately, as one speed signal drives both the speedometer and the odometer.
On most bikes, if the speedo is calibrated to be 100% accurate, the odo will register slightly less miles (emphasis theirs). While this can be annoying in certain situations, one can always calculate the real distance easily after a long trip.
Alternatively, of course, you can get the factory default indications regardless of the used gearing: accurate odometer and slightly optimistic speedo."

Hope that clears things up for everyone.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
MAybe I'm thick but based on that comment, if it's registering too high a speed, then it's registering too high a distance as well. So if the speed is corrected the so is the odo.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MAybe I'm thick but based on that comment, if it's registering too high a speed, then it's registering too high a distance as well. So if the speed is corrected the so is the odo.

This is not true. The computer on our bikes takes the single input, and sends it to two different places on the circuit board in the single computer. One place calculates the miles for the odometer, the engineers designed this to calculate the correct miles to display for the odo.

The second place that reads this signal calculates what to display for the speedometer. The engineers purposefully designed this to display a speed of X% (usually from 4%-8%) higher than the true value. It is written into the mathmatical algorithm that is used to calculate the speed. Why they do this I do not know, maybe a law or regulation, or just putting an emphasis on safety. (some imported car manufacturers do this, VW for one example, don't believe me, get in a 2000's jetta and go down the highway at 70 on the speedo and watch yourself get passed by semi's going 65-70. Then check your mileage after the trip and it will be dead on with a gps or the like.)

So, to get your actual speed to display correctly, you need to modify the input signal X% down since the speedo is happy. X% is whatever you find after you test and calculate the speedometer is off. One method is to go by a radar at whatever miles per hour on your speedo and record what the radar says. Then find how many % higher your displayed speed is vs. the radar and that's how many % your speedo is fast.

Now, since there is one signal going into the computer, and that's the signal you modify by X%, this modified signal is what your odo is going to be reading and calculating off of. It still thinks it's getting an unmodified signal so it's calculating distance, and it's going to think you're actually going slower, and not as far as what you actually are. Therefore making your odo read less miles than what you went. Your speedo is going to still be thinking it's getting a proper signal and it's still going to be adding X% on to it. But, since you've already lowered it X% it's just adding back the offset to end up with your actual speed, instead of X% higher than your actual speed.

Make sense?

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like one of these... but I have never done a group buy, how does the process go?

The dealer is in Oregon, USA. He said that he needs the payment from one person to get the deal. I don't mind being that person, so in that case, I will need payment from everyone else. I have a paypal account, and that would seem to be the easiest. If you want to pay from a bank account, then it should be $85 + Shipping (in the US that will be $6) so a total of $91.

Once I have all the money, I will give it to the dealer along with everyone's name and address. When I give it to him, he will start shipping out the speedohealers to everyone.

You are more than welcome to contact him. I spoke with Jeff @ procycle 800-496-5516.

I will add to the first post a list of everyone that is in, if you would like to be on/off the list let me know through a PM.

Ben

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
oh snap!!! im going to oregon from august 2-4. lets set this up asap and ill buy it when im there.

ah nevermind. the shop is 3 hrs away from where ill be.

also i just want to confirm we are getting the yamaha specific harness and not the universal.

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shipping to Canada is $29 (sad if you want to take a ride I am in Central Washington ) if you want to come pick it up and I might be able to meet you part way.

It is V4 the newest one made.

Ben

29$:eek: shipping to Canada its way to much!!

We have been shipping the Two Brothers Exhaust for 30 bux anywhere in North America and the box is huge..... I will see if our parts vendor that gets us the two bros will beat the deal.....

(It will be 19 bux cheaper for PPL in Canada just in shipping!!)

Dennis

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone interested in a group buy for SpeedoHealers ???

Ben

UPDATE:

A local dealer has a quote at $85 per speedohealer if we can order 10 or more.

Shipping will be $6 to anywhere in the US, $29 to anyhere in Canada, and $32 to the UK.

If we have at least 6 but less than 10 it would be about 10% off (which would be about $98 each)

He said that he has 2 on the shelf right now, but should be able to get the rest of our order in 2 or 3 days at most.

So, who is in ?

UPDATE:

Here are the people that are in:

Me for 2
bossdoc83 for 1
Johnnylane for 1
urbanj for 1
Doorag for 1
AJ_rider for 1
sideslider for 1
nlheikki for 1

People that said they might be in are:

DefyInertia for 1
reiobard for 2

If you want me to add you to this list or remove you send me a PM.

Ben
Yes please,
Count me in.I want to drop a tooth on the front sprocket but didn't want all the hassle of trying to work out true speed. The price for shipping to the UK is a bit on the exaggerated side though. I mean how heavy is it 1/2 lb at the most. Is there any thing you can do on the shipping price. If a couple of UK guys want one how about we get it shipped to one address?

Nelly UK

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes please,
Count me in.I want to drop a tooth on the front sprocket but didn't want all the hassle of trying to work out true speed. The price for shipping to the UK is a bit on the exaggerated side though. I mean how heavy is it 1/2 lb at the most. Is there any thing you can do on the shipping price. If a couple of UK guys want one how about we get it shipped to one address?

Nelly UK

I am pretty sure that we could get him to ship two to the same address. I will call and ask on Monday.

Ben

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
29$:eek: shipping to Canada its way to much!!

We have been shipping the Two Brothers Exhaust for 30 bux anywhere in North America and the box is huge..... I will see if our parts vendor that gets us the two bros will beat the deal.....

(It will be 19 bux cheaper for PPL in Canada just in shipping!!)

Dennis

That sounds like a pretty good rate for the exhaust, I was wondering if I had the Canadian ones shiped to me, and I shipped them on if it would be cheaper ?

I don't mind doing it, but it would take longer. It looks like it would be about $10 to Canada for 6-10 day Priority Mail® International Flat-Rate Envelope shipping. I don't know if I would need to buy an envelope for it or if it comes in one. I think envelopes are only about $2 ish.

Ben

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Ben, Whats your paypal and when do you want paying?

Nelly

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like a pretty good rate for the exhaust, I was wondering if I had the Canadian ones shiped to me, and I shipped them on if it would be cheaper ?

I don't mind doing it, but it would take longer. It looks like it would be about $10 to Canada for 6-10 day Priority Mail® International Flat-Rate Envelope shipping. I don't know if I would need to buy an envelope for it or if it comes in one. I think envelopes are only about $2 ish.

Ben

Thats more like it:thumbup: