Speedo Intermittent

alexfabian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Posted a while back that I was having issues with my LCD screen and rev counter intermittently deciding not to work anymore. I seemed to have sorted the problem by changing the connector block etc the rear of the unit and crimping the female connectors slightly.

It worked fine for around 3 months and now has decided to play up yet again......I have looked at the connectors again and it seems to be a loose connection again in the block.

I am thinking of going down the route of removing all of the wires from the connector block and soldering them in place onto the male connectors of the speedo unit to ensure a guaranteed connection.

Does anyone have any thoughts, or has had this issue?

Good idea or no??

Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If your good with a soldering gun and comfy with it, I don't see a problem with it.

One less connection to fail... Just make sure when turn the forks, your NOT yanking on that harness destroying your work.

BTW, Yamaha had a re-call on a certain year (forgot) FJR as the harness was tied too tight and pulled the wires from the inside of the ignition switch.

alexfabian

Reaction score
Visit site
If your good with a soldering gun and comfy with it, I don't see a problem with it.

One less connection to fail... Just make sure when turn the forks, your NOT yanking on that harness destroying your work.

BTW, Yamaha had a re-call on a certain year (forgot) FJR as the harness was tied too tight and pulled the wires from the inside of the ignition switch.

Thanks for the reply, yes I thought about the harness pulling and possibly breaking the connection or worse, breaking one of the male connectors off the speedo..... But I am out of ideas of how to sort the issue for good!!!!??

I will be checking the ignition loom when I get chance as well