Spare Helmets

BitesWhenBitten

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this something you guys do/have?

Every time I walk into Cycle Gear thinking I'll take anything off the shelf, they never have my size (SM 55-56 cm) and I end up special ordering it from a warehouse anyway.

Since my first wreck where I definitely needed the new helmet, I figure it'll probably happen again, and I don't like waiting a week or more for essential gear.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been riding on the dirt since 1973 and on the street since 1981. I buy a new lid every two years - just because. For some reason I've never thrown away a helmet. As a result I have an insane collection of helmets. Once they become 5 years old they aren't worn anymore, but I always have 3 or 4 in rotation.

I currently have five helmets in my size and two for my wife rattling around the house, even though two of mine have been wrecked.

Moving soon, so time to do a heartless cull of all my possessions though.

Eh, on one hand, my purely subjective and anecdotal experience has taught me that when it comes to gear and spare parts - you never EVER throw ANYTHING away :D but on the other hand, lookind at it your way you might as well keep a spare bike&full set of gear on the side, just in case :D

Eh, on one hand, my purely subjective and anecdotal experience has taught me that when it comes to gear and spare parts - you never EVER throw ANYTHING away :D but on the other hand, lookind at it your way you might as well keep a spare bike&full set of gear on the side, just in case :D
Yeah, all the other gear came out alive, just the helmet needs replacement.

I'm keeping the old one though, I figure it's good for shanigans

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back