Took my very first ride this morning!

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never riden a bike...ever...and I bought a used 07' FZ6 that needed a little plastic work..had been layed down very nicely and messed up the front fairing..nothing major as I had it test riden by a very knowledgable and good friend and all the mechanix are perfect...well...I borrowed one of his helmets since I am still waiting on my gear and took it out this morning...it was about oh...50-55 degrees F. It was a bit chilly....man...what can I say...it was an awesome experience!! being open like that is totally different than riding in a cage..I stalled it once starting out and the shifting takes some getting used to having never riden before but I put about 20 miles on or so just around town so far today and I have to say..I am definitely hooked! I love this bike already...it surely has enough power for me as a beginner.....I gotta practice using both brakes and down shifting that is for sure...as well as basic riding. I am going to be taking the BRC in a few months since it fills up fast and am looking forward to that...Just wanted to thank everyone for their help in getting me started...Thanks everyone!!!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done!

Now don't forget ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME, get lessons and frame sliders.

Stay safe and enjoy your bike :thumbup:

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah...I got the helmet, jacket, gloves and boots coming..they should be here monday..I don't plan on doing much riding until I get them..probably wont even get back on untill I do....and I am actually putting my frame sliders on in about 20 minutes once a friend and his torque wrench get here :)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you. Get some good riding pants too, gotta protect big Jim and the twins!

Go easy on the rear brake to avoid locking it up. The front brake should do most of the work.

Don't forget a pre ride check everytime you ride.

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the rear brake, but you will find out the FZ6 rear brake is touchy.

Be sure to take any classes you can. They are not for sissy's, they are for real riders, who want real skills.

Oh, and never clean the chain with a rag while the bike is running on the centerstand if you like all your fingers...... search for posts and pics.......if you dare.........

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glean everything you can from this site, this is what it's here for. Lots of good stuff. I've learned tons, with tons more to learn. :cheer: Doc

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride. My only advice is to use a moderate learning curve until you're use to riding the FZ and keep the revs down until then. 'Cuz once you break the 8K rpm mark you'll be adding a few new words to your vocabulary.:eek: