Spare Helmets

BitesWhenBitten

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this something you guys do/have?

Every time I walk into Cycle Gear thinking I'll take anything off the shelf, they never have my size (SM 55-56 cm) and I end up special ordering it from a warehouse anyway.

Since my first wreck where I definitely needed the new helmet, I figure it'll probably happen again, and I don't like waiting a week or more for essential gear.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding on the dirt since 1973 and on the street since 1981. I buy a new lid every two years - just because. For some reason I've never thrown away a helmet. As a result I have an insane collection of helmets. Once they become 5 years old they aren't worn anymore, but I always have 3 or 4 in rotation.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have five helmets in my size and two for my wife rattling around the house, even though two of mine have been wrecked.

Moving soon, so time to do a heartless cull of all my possessions though.

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Eh, on one hand, my purely subjective and anecdotal experience has taught me that when it comes to gear and spare parts - you never EVER throw ANYTHING away :D but on the other hand, lookind at it your way you might as well keep a spare bike&full set of gear on the side, just in case :D

BitesWhenBitten

Reaction score
Visit site
Eh, on one hand, my purely subjective and anecdotal experience has taught me that when it comes to gear and spare parts - you never EVER throw ANYTHING away :D but on the other hand, lookind at it your way you might as well keep a spare bike&full set of gear on the side, just in case :D
Yeah, all the other gear came out alive, just the helmet needs replacement.

I'm keeping the old one though, I figure it's good for shanigans

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk