SoCal: Ride with us 1/26/13!!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Life has gotten in the way of my riding, so I demand that life stop so I can ride! ;)

Me and Motogiro are planning to ride on the 26th. I'm thinking a Borrego/Palomar??? ride. Interested? Post here and let us know! I'll post a route once we know who would like to join up.

Bryan

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'm so ready for a little carving!!:)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As always, I'll be with you spirit on your ride. I will get to SoCal for a ride with you hoons this year! :rockon:
The weather up here in NorCal has been hellishly cold, barely getting into the low 50's at the warmest time of the day but with black ice in the mountains all day. Mrs. Lefty has been a trooper though, gearing up and going for a 30 mile ride on her new XT250 out to the coast for a nice lunch with me a couple of weekends ago. :rockon: This weekend is supposed to be in the mid 60's so we're a goin' ridin' for sure. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We've had unusually cooler weather this month but today it warmed up. 77 F. at my house today about the same up in Orange county and it's supposed to get warmer tomorrow. You can see that Santa Ana haze and the wind also picked up today. I grew up in the North East but now I'm pretty spoiled. I've lived most of my adult life here.

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I will check with Wavex but we might be able to swing it next weekend. It might be the last group ride I have on the FZ.

It was 81° in Buena Park today. Summer rocks...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. Where/When is the start?

Saturday on the 26th. We're not solid on the start yet but I'll bet the Mobil station at the 15 freeway at route 76.

It'll be good to see you again!

4760 California 76
Fallbrook, CA 92028

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday on the 26th. We're not solid on the start yet but I'll bet the Mobil station at the 15 freeway at route 76.

It'll be good to see you again!

4760 California 76
Fallbrook, CA 92028

Sounds like the plan. :)

I'm hoping another local, Chris can join us on his BMW. Still waiting.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get the bike out and ride it around a little to make sure the MIL is going to stay off. I hooked up the bike with the TuneECU software and talked to the ECU. The error had to do with a communication error between th ECu and the instrument cluster. I checked all connections and made sure they were tight. I cleared the error and it hasn't come back. The bike had been sitting idle for well over a month outside, so I'm thinking it might be cause. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get the bike out and ride it around a little to make sure the MIL is going to stay off. I hooked up the bike with the TuneECU software and talked to the ECU. The error had to do with a communication error between th ECu and the instrument cluster. I checked all connections and made sure they were tight. I cleared the error and it hasn't come back. The bike had been sitting idle for well over a month outside, so I'm thinking it might be cause. :thumbup:

Maybe we can do a short shakedown on Sunday. I'm helping my brother tomorrow up in O.C.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm....so what's next on the menu?

Adventure bike?

About 95% sure I'm going with the Super Tenere. Lots of leftover '12 models available in SoCal at great discounts. I've ridden the one owned by Todd (t1j2f3) for 40-50 miles and am doing another test ride this coming week for a final confirmation. It just hits all of the points I want in my next bike, and there seem to be ZERO problems with this vehicle worldwide.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About 95% sure I'm going with the Super Tenere. Lots of leftover '12 models available in SoCal at great discounts. I've ridden the one owned by Todd (t1j2f3) for 40-50 miles and am doing another test ride this coming week for a final confirmation. It just hits all of the points I want in my next bike, and there seem to be ZERO problems with this vehicle worldwide.

Wow! Just noticed Todd had that listed in his profile! Sweet! Those look like awesome bikes. Saw one at the motorcycle show, looked pretty tough!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe we can do a short shakedown on Sunday. I'm helping my brother tomorrow up in O.C.

I gave it a shakedown this morning. No issues. Topped off the oil, inspected everything, adjusted chain. Ready set go :)

I have a new pair of SIDI boots that have to be broken in too. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As always, I'll be with you spirit on your ride. I will get to SoCal for a ride with you hoons this year! :rockon:
The weather up here in NorCal has been hellishly cold, barely getting into the low 50's at the warmest time of the day but with black ice in the mountains all day. Mrs. Lefty has been a trooper though, gearing up and going for a 30 mile ride on her new XT250 out to the coast for a nice lunch with me a couple of weekends ago. :rockon: This weekend is supposed to be in the mid 60's so we're a goin' ridin' for sure. :thumbup:

It's great that Mrs. Lefty rides with you! There were a couple of weeks it was colder this year and now we have a Santa Ana condition where it's been nice and warm. We're so spoiled here! :p

Looking forward to you coming down this summer. Couch is your! :D

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Confirmed list:

Motogiro (SV1000)
Goop (Speed Triple)
Chris A. (S1000RR)
t1j2f3 (Super Tenere)
Cali Rider (The only FZ6 in the group!!!)
Wavex (Buell XB12S)

Lets get a confirmed start time/location soon, please! Can't wait to see you guys again..