So my first SaddleSore 1000 attempt is over ...

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
AND I DID IT!!!! :cheer::rockon:

Can't really feel my lover legs and feet's, my left arm is sorta dead, and my but and back is aching,- BUT I DID IT!!!!

Left the house yesterday morning at 08:00, checked in at the gas station (my starting point) at 08:21, had 10 breaks on the way, and checked in at the ending point at 01:46,- so a good 17 hours and 15 minutes was my time.

Besides now knowing why the call it a "saddle sore", the trip was great. The bike did it all with absolutely no hiccups, - only thing I gave he was fuel and some chain spray after 800 km.

Did most of the riding in Germany, enjoying the "Autobahn", and the "No speed limit" policy they have in several areas.

Funny little anecdote, - I now know what a Bugatti Veyron going at (what must have been) maximum speed sounds like.
I was running the fazer almost flat out, aprox 12000 rpm in top gear, the speedo was showing 235Km/h or so, - and the Veyron passed me like I was standing still :eek:
The sound it made can best be described as a light sword effect from star wars ......

If any of you consider doing it, I can only say: GO FOR IT!!!!!!
Only things I would change on the bike is adding a Top Selleri Seat, and a throttle controller (So I could rest my right hand from time to time).

Photos and video, - did not bring a camera, and have not had time to look through the video yet, but if it's any good I'll post it here later.

Once again: I DID IT!!!!!!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
CONGRATS! I would imagine that being able to take advantage of the "no speed limit" section of road would certainly help matters. Running top speed for a whole tank of fuel would be pretty fun! How far could you go on a tank at top speed?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
CONGRATS! I would imagine that being able to take advantage of the "no speed limit" section of road would certainly help matters. Running top speed for a whole tank of fuel would be pretty fun! How far could you go on a tank at top speed?

The no speed areas are broken up by speed regulated strips, so I did not run a full tank on max speed.
According to my TomTom my average speed was 120Km/h.
I'll do the fuel stats as soon as I fell up to it, - and post it here.
It did, - without crunching the numbers, not seem to matter much for fuel economy weather I was going at 9K RPM or 12K Rpm though.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
The no speed areas are broken up by speed regulated strips, so I did not run a full tank on max speed.
According to my TomTom my average speed was 120Km/h.
I'll do the fuel stats as soon as I fell up to it, - and post it here.
It did, - without crunching the numbers, not seem to matter much for fuel economy weather I was going at 9K RPM or 12K Rpm though.

Congrats! Now fill out your papers and get that stuff sent in! Plan for like at least a 2 to 3 month delay till you get papers back. I completed mine March 3rd, my certificate and plate came in two days ago.

Just a side note, when I turned in my paper work, I made a sheet that noted the address or Lat and lon. points of each fuel stop. Just to make it easier for Mike Kneebone to look it up via Microsoft Streets and Trips.

Again congrats and upon your certification, welcome to the club. You are now a < 0.01%, lol.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Just a side note, when I turned in my paper work, I made a sheet that noted the address or Lat and lon. points of each fuel stop. Just to make it easier for Mike Kneebone to look it up via Microsoft Streets and Trips.

Will do :),- must be one hell of a task to check all the submissions ...

Again congrats and upon your certification, welcome to the club. You are now a < 0.01%, lol.
Might be a minority, - but its still "The Worlds Toughest Riders" :rockon::Flash:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So after completing the paperwork I now have some numbers:

Total mileage: 1635Km (TomTom and Google Maps), 1642km (Odometer)

Total fuel used: 110,36 L.

Km/L: 14,87.

So in conclusion, - Yes the Fazer get thirsty when you twist the throttle :)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com

This is how my submitted logbook looks like:

ss1000_logbook.jpg

Should make it a walk in the park for Mike.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So, as you would figure, most of the video from my SS1K is pretty boring ...., So I decided to compose a short (3:46) video shoving some different typical traffic I encountered:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DySm9JrThog"]YouTube - SaddleSore 1600/SaddleSore 1000[/ame]

On a side note,- the sound on this video, was more or less the sound that kept ringing in my ears until Saturday evening ..... (Memo to me: BRING EXTRA EARPLUGS!!)

Last edited:

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
Fz6Sa: Congratulation, an inspiring accomplishment! :rockon:

I started making a route up, and will attempt it this summer in Cali :thumbup:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats freakin awesome. Congrats on a great accomplishment dude.

Might have to map one of these out myself. Would have been worth it just to hear the veyron at full noise :rockon:

Good on you mate. When are you doing it again? :D

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Thats freakin awesome. Congrats on a great accomplishment dude.

Might have to map one of these out myself. Would have been worth it just to hear the veyron at full noise :rockon:

Good on you mate. When are you doing it again? :D

Well,- if I was asked on Saturday, I would have said NEWER, but now ....., I'm thinking of doing a Bunburner this summer as well :)

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations !!!!!!!

To me that this amazing (I have back problems, so I do not know how far I could go...)

I'm trying to build up my riding distance little by little. Maybe one day I'll be able to do this too!!!!