So I tried a FZ6 (Another one)

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a 2007 FZ6 with 74,000km on the clock and got to try a 2008 FZ6 with less than 7,000km completely stock. By completely stock, I mean it is even rocking the original spark plugs :) Quite a contrast with mine who is the 3rd owner and plenty of mods :p

Anywho I thought to try to see how a stock bike feels like. I knew the ergo would be different but I was shocked by the engine. It just feels so smooth like it is running on fine champagne and the acceleration is so smooth. In comparison mine feel like an angry dog lol. Even sounds angry with a stock exhausts but I had probably loose pretty badly performance-wise. It is so different that I would have thought it was a different bike.

A few thousands KMs make quite a difference... :(

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden two others both were under 20,000 miles (32,xxx Km) and none are like mine at all. Simple user preferences like, bars, grips, lever angles, shift and brake lever height, change how we interact, then add in tires, forks slid on the triple, suspension tuning and setup, and different vibes and its like whole different bike even if the engine is the same.

As for yours having miles, perhaps it needs some TLC? If it has equal compression on 4 holes, no reason it can't run smooth! :thumbup:

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
The Fazer is like a do-it-your-way Banana Split. They all have Banana and Ice Cream but after that you are on your own.
That is normal for motorcycles and why the motojournalists are full o' 5hit. To say Bike WYZ is better then bike ADC is just bogus. They are NOT all the same. Two in a row off the assembly line are not exactly the same. Riders are different, which matters a lot.
I owned a Suzuki GSXr750 for about 3 days. I just didn't like it. The Suzuki 750 is a great bike. World class. In 200 years the Suzuki 750 might be the motorcycle that historians pick as an example of the Golden Age of motorcycling. I respect that but I still don't like riding them. I have ridden others beside the one I owned and they just don't fit me. If I ever find a Suzuki 750 that feels right, I will buy it on the spot.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Huh, I always figured a bike would misfire pretty bad on champagne... too much water content, it'd mix with the ethanol left over in the tank. Now fine everclear, OTOH... :D