Site upgrade Vote.

Should we upgrade to Vbulletin 4.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone Vbulletin, the software the site runs on has come out with a major upgrade. I have upgraded the BC Riders site so you all can have a look. It will add alot of features to the site but will totally change the look.

Have a look and vote.. here are a few sites running the new software

BC Riders Online Community

Aussie Riders Forum

Last edited:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks *nice to an extent, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to set up my iPhone with vBulletin Mobile for that forum - so far with no result. a lack of mobile use will be a deal breaker for a good percentage of posters, and I wouldn't be surprised if activity were reduced at least 25-50% unless we can guarantee mobile compatibility at swap-over. I know I'm not a perfect sample of a mobile user, but I would go from as many as 20 log ins a days, to as few as one every couple of days.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not installed the taptalk app for the aussie forum yet.. Thanks for the reminder.. I will do it right now!

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, I like. :thumbup:

How much?

Will it make your job easier?

and most importantly, WTF did the Aussies get their own forum? :BLAA:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not installed the taptalk app for the aussie forum yet.. Thanks for the reminder.. I will do it right now!
I like the layout but I'm not keen on the orange text.
I use Nokia mobile and taptalk is compatible. However I have never got the point of using it. It's slow and still directs me to the main site and page download are still the same Mb size.
I can log in through Google with less hassle.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
300 USD to upgrade the existing software per site.. Plus the many hours to ugrade the current database

I will be the same amount of work but has alot of better features and will be a bit easier on the server in regards to loads ect..

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
300 USD to upgrade the existing software per site.. Plus the many hours to ugrade the current database

I will be the same amount of work but has alot of better features and will be a bit easier on the server in regards to loads ect..

Sounds good.

Will that include upgrades on the Chat, Garage, and Photo Gallery? Not a big fan of the way the Photo Gallery is sorting Member's galleries. It was way better before the server crash a year or two ago.

If you decide to go ahead with it let us know. I would contribute some moola to it. :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good.

Will that include upgrades on the Chat, Garage, and Photo Gallery? Not a big fan of the way the Photo Gallery is sorting Member's galleries. It was way better before the server crash a year or two ago.

If you decide to go ahead with it let us know. I would contribute some moola to it. :rockon:
+1 always happy to contribute to the site.
Nelly

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I say go for the upgrade. Just as long as we can keep the same functionality as this site has now. Definately like the look of the new version

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for upgrade.

The new design is cleaner. The blue theme gives me a "PostNuke ala 2002, but with rounded corners" feeling, but with a positive vibe.

Themes with too much gradients are visually not very pleasing for me, so solid colors is my preference.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have found the upgrade much quicker, and much better for lots of things, like loading photo's, etc....

Do It Dennis, Do it! :D

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like a good idea, if you are up for the work it entails. If you decide to do it, count me in for a donation to it as well.
(And thanks for asking!) :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for upgrade, and finally became a (full) member of this great forum :spank:

(hope this helps some, whatever you decide to do :thumbup:)

Last edited: