Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like some of the attachment files did not make the migration to the new site software. They are not physically there the links are but some are missing.. Sorry guys.. We will have to re upload the missing ones.

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
Really neat update, tbh i like it more than he old one :thumbup:
Btw, may i suggest some meme emoticon lib ? (i have no idea if there is a lib out there for this CMS)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very intresting how it keeps a running list of 'WHO' read each thread!
As i age, this could could be helpful! Blah

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Done... you should not see any now except on the home page side bar ( still working on it)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I,m liking the upgrade.
Just one question,how do I turn off the adverts ?
I could before, but now I cant find it.

what adverts?
I don't have/see them.
I use Google Chrome, latest with Adblock and Adblock Plus. BTW, I'm a free member. I never saw any ads on my mobile either.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use ads to help support the site costs. Members that support the site have the option of turning them off

As a non supporting member without your ad blocker you would see the ads. If the ads did not generate some revenue to pay for the sites.. They would not exist. It costs almost 500 USD just for the software to set up a site like this. Then the monthly costs.. Dedicated servers.. Bandwidth. Software updates, Content delivery network ect...

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I use ads to help support the site costs. Members that support the site have the option of turning them off

As a non supporting member without your ad blocker you would see the ads. If the ads did not generate some revenue to pay for the sites.. They would not exist. It costs almost 500 USD just for the software to set up a site like this. Then the monthly costs.. Dedicated servers.. Bandwidth. Software updates, Content delivery network ect...

Also, I never saw any ads on other devices like iPhone and iPad, which doesn't have adblocker, so, I'm thinking about it.
On the other hand, did you ever compare the costs with AWS or MWS or GWS (Page Not Found - Cloud Academy Blog They are cheaper, faster responding, never go down (since the application will be picked by other servers available). I know you might've already did you research before upgrading your hardware, but I was just letting it out again.
My previous Insurance company, VSP, started adopting to AWS, they are cheap, less maintenance. I did helped my team lead on this task, but couldn't completely work as my contract ended few days after we started working on this.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Three things re update;
1) can you please post an idiot link to where I can give you some money to not see adverts.Got to be worth it in saved data charges if nothing else!
2) Are there different skins available? This light one doesn't suit my naturally dark nature at all
3) Are we using the new "like" button like we used to use the "thank you" button? I don't mind either way, so long as my "likes" don't end up being posted to all my vague acquaintances on Facebook
4) (yes I know I said 3, I lied) Thank you for putting in the hours to keep this place running, I rather like it

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where's the Bike of the Month pic on the home page? :confused:

And bummed we no longer have a facebook style chat or the chat room

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2) Are there different skins available? This light one doesn't suit my naturally dark nature at all

I found the option by: click on your avatar or your user cp (just above your avatar pic), that should take you to your profile page
under My Settings, on the left, go to General Settings
at the bottom of the page you should see Miscellaneous Options, it should be your second option
Hope that works for you :)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I found the option by: click on your avatar or your user cp (just above your avatar pic), that should take you to your profile page
under My Settings, on the left, go to General Settings
at the bottom of the page you should see Miscellaneous Options, it should be your second option
Hope that works for you :)

I've updated the link for General Settings

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone see a way to stop this from filling my home email inbox with "Thanks and Likes" emails without turning off all notifications?

As it is now, I'll write a rule to delete them.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank You Dennis for getting BOTM back on the front page....

I see a "chat" button now, but it doesn't go into a chat room.

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I turned off the notifications... Was driving me crazy too lol

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still working on it.. blab does not seem to like the new software

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't like change! My sister used go through tel numbers like crazy (service shut off for non-payment). I'll get used to it... And, yeah, would be nice to know what bike(s) is associated with poster under avatar.