simple free mod

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
The tail on the FZ is pretty bulky compared to other bikes. Partially due to the under seat exhaust, which I love. This simple mod lets some more daylight through the back, and lets you see the shock. Seeing the shock will be nice once I upgrade. That yellow Ohlins will be so nice once I get the money.

The arrow points to the area-------------This is what it looked like after
I want to open up
View attachment 33686-------------View attachment 33690

Here is the piece out of the bike----------- Here is the piece out of the bike after.
before
View attachment 33687---------------View attachment 33689
View attachment 33688---------------View attachment 33691

I used some shop shears to cut off the smaller of the two pieces. Then did the same with the thicker portion leaving a small tab in the flat side. Use a torch(or whatever) to heat the plastic so you can fold it and make a seam. Then use some glue to tack down the other two sides. Only takes about an hour.

Last edited:

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! I have a question, I have my PCIII located in that compartment under the seat. Do you think cutting those pieces will let too much water/debris in there?

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at it I would say that it would be even harder for water to get in there. Just make sure you fold that piece of plastic over under heat. Then you can can seal it all back up with some glue or epoxy.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a brave man that starts chopping bits off his bike! Looks bloody great!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
no prob Arron. I can help you when you come over after weather breaks if you want. Thinking I will do the FZ1 bar mod when you come over as well.