SIDI Cobras to Vortice. What would you do?

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a pair of mild-mannered SIDI Cobra Airs and guess what showed up on my doorstep? A brand new pair of $475 Vortices instead. The order was way late, so I am wondering if Motosport.com only had these and shipped them in place of the cheaper boots. There was no communication in the packaging indicating that this is what happened though. I'm a little torn... These are not everyday riding boots, and certainly will take a lot longer to get on in the AM, but damn. I'm fully set up for the track if I decide to keep them.

Sure are pretty too.

RuinedMortal

Military Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
seems to me like a packaging error on there side..so you either keep them and thank human error, or you have a morale meltdown and send them back. I would do the keeping of them, and maybe next time somebody needs a little cash; or a hand with a project, I would do it for free.

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
seems to me like a packaging error on there side..so you either keep them and thank human error, or you have a morale meltdown and send them back. I would do the keeping of them, and maybe next time somebody needs a little cash; or a hand with a project, I would do it for free.

I like this plan. Keep the good karma rolling forward. Just a sidebar: The boots require a completely different style of riding to actually aid in shifting/braking. They are crazy stiff and will require a lot of time in the saddle to break them in. Small price to pay for such a sweet deal though.