BMW Motorrad Sport Dry Boots

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After wearing out my soles from my Sido Cobra Mesh boots, I purchased a new set of boots, $350 shipped! They are the BMW brand line Motorrad, lined with Gortex so they are waterproof. They zip up from the sides similar to my Sidi's but it also came equipped with a velcro tab at the end of the zipper so it makes it easier to get a hold of the zipper. Whenever zippers are involved, I am very concerned since they are usually the first things to fail. Fortunately my zippers from my Sidi's held up well, just not the soles.

P1020233_zps21d7318e.jpg

Most notible difference is the improved ankle support on my new boot. It's casted in hard plastic, something that my lower end Sidi Cobra line did not have. Also comes equipped with reflective strips on both sides of the boots.

P1020231_zpsdd59202c.jpg

P1020232_zpscdf08450.jpg

Like any new boots, they are stiff and it will take a while for them to break in. Riding in the new boots today was very awkward, it will take time for me to adjust. To be honest, it felt like walking and riding in ski boots. I had difficulty feeling the shifter and brake lever since these boots are much thicker and heavier than my Sidi Cobras. They are not mesh so the ventilation will not be nearly as good as my previous boots but I'm not in Vegas anymore. My feet felt fairly warm riding in the mid 30 F temps this afternoon. I think riding in the zero degree weather or -18 C temp are behind me for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a pair of BMW's Airflow boots since 2007, absolutely love them. You can actually feel the breeze going through them just standing next to your bike, fantastic airflow. They too have a zipper closure, which are getting rough, but the velcro's shot, the heels are worn through, and the leather covering my inside ankles is almost worn through too, so I guess its time for a new pair this next summer. :thumbup:

AirFlow3_Boots_72607718756.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a plain version of those motorrad boots, more like a winter version of the airflows,
I had dainese before the m/rads and the build quality is markedly better with the motorrad

I found the zip and Velcro are still working a treat whereas on the dainese zippers jammed Velcro is buggered and I have had them to the boot maker fir re- stitching three times and this was all on the freebie replacements for the ones with defective material
thumbs up for motorrad, I also have their summer and winter gloves and their wet weather overpants claiming 100 per cent protection ..... they actually keep me dry
might cost a bit more but long term, well worth the lack of hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Kenny,
Am I right in thinking that you used to wear your boots all day at work as well?
If so those new boots will break in really quickly.

Neil

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting how the construction is just like these TCX boots I have:
2008_TCX_Competizione_S_Boots.jpg

They're great boots, very comfortable once broken in. I've had them for 3 years and use them for everything from track days to long rides. They squeak when you walk (the articulated ankle is plastic against plastic), but it's not too big a deal.

Last edited: