Shifter Bracket Wobbly

peterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
The bracket which the foot peg and gear shifter are attached to is wobbly. I've tried tightening the bolts but they seem to be tightened as far as they will get. Do I have any other options other then replacing the whole bracket? It's not terribly loose but I would like it to be firmer. Thank you!

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As coursonap said, they've got rubber bushings. They're actually a combo of rubber and metal. I had to press the mounts out to get my recent powder coating done. I suppose that you could press the rubber mounts out and replace them with solid bushings. I'm just not sure how that would feel in terms of the vibrations.

I can imagine that it would make everything feel a bit more solid but it just might rattle loose any dental work you got...

peterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I've checked an FZ6 at the dealer and the bracket isn't as wobbly as mine. It's not a big deal, was just wondering if there was a way to firm it up a more.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I've checked an FZ6 at the dealer and the bracket isn't as wobbly as mine. It's not a big deal, was just wondering if there was a way to firm it up a more.

Remove the bolts that hold the rearset to the frame and flip the rubber back washer around, so the rubber is facing out. That will make a big difference.

Looks in this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/10334-oso2k-setback-plate-install.html#post126491