Serious Q about the family jewels.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sport bike seats were never meant for comfort. Especially if you are a large dude. I don't have this problem because I'm only 150 lbs and have plenty of room between the gizzards and the gas tank.

Wearing looser riding pants and under drawers lets you adjust your man parts forward so your not resting weight on them.

If you are over 200 lbs riding on a stock FZ6 seat I don't think you have any hope of avoiding gonad compression.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're tall enough, sit back on the back of the front seat. Personally, the Duluth Buck-Naked briefs work pretty good for keeping things situated. This was especially true when riding after I had some work done last summer (vasectomy).

All in all though, I found that working my core helps a lot. Tight abs, flat lower back - it keeps the posture and hips in an alignment that prevents tank/seat trauma. I've noticed that slouching on the seat puts everything at a more canted angle and increases seat contact. Better position = better postured bits.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I don't think that I have ever read a series of posts in which everyone offered their own take on the twig and berries, now let me see if I have covered them all:

your manhood
my bits
my giblets
the beanbag
Can we talk about bounce (wait a minute- that one doesn't count!)
coconuts
big Jim and the twins
the troops
me with the twins
the gizzards
your man parts
better postured bits (a little redundant, but applicable)

Well done Gents and Monica, many good suggestions.

At issue is not just the discomfort, but the fact that any movement forward induces additional weight transfer towards the front end. Not necessarily a bad thing when you are braking hard, but you will maintain better control if you stay put in the seat. I found both factory seats uncomfortable, but last year landed a TS seat from another member and it felt great from the first ride. The key is to have the seat turn up near the front. Less sliding around = less discomfort.

On another note, I am not quite sure what to make of your avatar......... Now take FI's, that's an avatar!! I keep waiting for it to move though...:spank:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I don't think that I have ever read a series of posts in which everyone offered their own take on the twig and berries, now let me see if I have covered them all:

your manhood
my bits
my giblets
the beanbag
Can we talk about bounce (wait a minute- that one doesn't count!)
coconuts
big Jim and the twins
the troops
me with the twins
the gizzards
your man parts
better postured bits (a little redundant, but applicable)

Well done Gents and Monica, many good suggestions.

At issue is not just the discomfort, but the fact that any movement forward induces additional weight transfer towards the front end. Not necessarily a bad thing when you are braking hard, but you will maintain better control if you stay put in the seat. I found both factory seats uncomfortable, but last year landed a TS seat from another member and it felt great from the first ride. The key is to have the seat turn up near the front. Less sliding around = less discomfort.

On another note, I am not quite sure what to make of your avatar......... Now take FI's, that's an avatar!! I keep waiting for it to move though...:spank:

^^ lol F/I Avatar FTW! :D:D

This thread has "attempted" to ruin the true meaning of "twins"!! NOOOO!!!!
You boyz have "junkz" girls have TWINS! Pull yerselve's together!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
no one mentioned nadgies, or goolies

what ever they get named, when squashed they elicit the same response(politely- ooh I dont think that was an advisable position to get myself into......in reality -aaararrghhh-damn that hurts....breathe deeply, breathe deeply)

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Avoiding squishing your unmentionables is a great motivation in learning to brake smoothly - there is a linear correlation between how hard you squeeze and how hard you get squeezed :s

slippery

Reaction score
Visit site
Spencer in Florida works magic. I recently got my seat back from him and it is a huge improvement over stock. This is how he described the mod to me: "A stock '08 FZ6 seats rider area can be reshaped internally for more rearward bias, with better support, and to distribute your weight across the entire seat rather than concentrating it on the crowned center without affecting the nose shape so you will still have freedom of movement in the twisties and enhanced position and comfort. This angle correction will help a lot with the slide to the tank under braking. The basic modification includes reshaping to your specific dimensions for better support and to correct the angle and shape to relieve pressure points and any specific problem areas that you may have." It really works.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Spencer in Florida works magic. I recently got my seat back from him and it is a huge improvement over stock. This is how he described the mod to me: "A stock '08 FZ6 seats rider area can be reshaped internally for more rearward bias, with better support, and to distribute your weight across the entire seat rather than concentrating it on the crowned center without affecting the nose shape so you will still have freedom of movement in the twisties and enhanced position and comfort. This angle correction will help a lot with the slide to the tank under braking. The basic modification includes reshaping to your specific dimensions for better support and to correct the angle and shape to relieve pressure points and any specific problem areas that you may have." It really works.

Spencer is where I'm headed if the comfort seat doesn't do it for me. :thumbup:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Spencer. I had the supracor mod done on mine. Rode 8 hrs a day for a week and it really wasn't all that bad. Can't beat the price, can't beat the product. Pay attention to his shipping rules.

ilovemotocicleta

Reaction score
Visit site
It's all in body positioning, I think. I haven't had any problems with this or the ninja 300 I had even after I installed clip ons. But I also skate, so it may be that core thing that was mentioned on an earlier post.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On Friday early afternoon I was about half way through my 250km ride and for some reason I suddenly thought of this thread. I was riding 2 up so didn't have a lot of freedom to move around but I realised, this really isn't a problem for me.

I certainly don't sit on them, they weren't being squashed against the tank, everything was okay. I was riding in Levi's :spank: so not much padding offered by the pants.