Seeking advice on possible purchase - 2007 FZ6

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I saw SS brake lines on the front of the blue one too.[emoji106]
Yup. It seems like that owner did a good bit of research before doing any mods. SS lines with the R6 forks and calipers is the way to go. The mods are tasteful and are performance and suspension oriented. There isn't anything in that bike I wouldn't put on mine.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup. It seems like that owner did a good bit of research before doing any mods. SS lines with the R6 forks and calipers is the way to go. The mods are tasteful and are performance and suspension oriented. There isn't anything in that bike I wouldn't put on mine.

Just loose the stickers on the lower fairing and polish up the header!

Looks like a keeper to me!

Bunkka

Reaction score
Visit site
Just loose the stickers on the lower fairing and polish up the header!

Looks like a keeper to me!

That is around 60HP worth of stickers, though!

After seeing the headers in the pics just in this thread, I believe that will be one of the first things I do...

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
How on earth do you get the headers looking like that?????

Mine look like they came off a soviet train from the cold war...

Bunkka

Reaction score
Visit site
Whelp, you guys have convinced me.

My luck would be that he just sold it for some reason, but, barring that, I am going to try to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

Waiting on word back from him as we speak.

Bunkka

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. Just got her home a couple hours ago. I now know the feeling of love.

The bike sounds fantastic. Feels fantastic. The gearing made for just an angelic feeling through traffic. I was blessing each car with the Two Bros symphony as I passed. It has heated grips and was a pleasure even though it was about 55 degrees out. Rode for about an hour before bringing her to her new home.

I feel a little more bent forward than I would like, but that wont be an issue.

The suspension. My god. I have been on some spine crunching, teeth rattling bikes. The guy I picked it up from had road construction on the highway near him. Wasn't a prob. Two clicks on the remote reservoir, which I found I can reach while riding, was awesome.

There were some extras he threw in, and some stuff I told him to keep, but he was pretty cool and gave me a ton of info.

He told me that he is going for an FZ09 next, and actually just called me a few mins ago saying we should meet up for a ride when he gets his next bike.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. Just got her home a couple hours ago. I now know the feeling of love.

The bike sounds fantastic. Feels fantastic. The gearing made for just an angelic feeling through traffic. I was blessing each car with the Two Bros symphony as I passed. It has heated grips and was a pleasure even though it was about 55 degrees out. Rode for about an hour before bringing her to her new home.

I feel a little more bent forward than I would like, but that wont be an issue.

The suspension. My god. I have been on some spine crunching, teeth rattling bikes. The guy I picked it up from had road construction on the highway near him. Wasn't a prob. Two clicks on the remote reservoir, which I found I can reach while riding, was awesome.

There were some extras he threw in, and some stuff I told him to keep, but he was pretty cool and gave me a ton of info.

He told me that he is going for an FZ09 next, and actually just called me a few mins ago saying we should meet up for a ride when he gets his next bike.
That sounds like an awesome gig! I'm glad you're enjoying the bike!

Bunkka

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like an awesome gig! I'm glad you're enjoying the bike!

Thank you. It is going to be rainy most of the day tomorrow, but Sunday I will be able to really get acquanted.

My room-mate said the bike looks like Toothless from the "How to Train Your Dragon" movie. I kinda see it, hah.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Purchased - 2007 FZ6 // I now know the feeling of love.

^^ Haha! Well now, looks like you can spend the wet day cleaning things and getting everything checked out! Save the headers for later!!!

Congrads on the New Ride! Sounds like its not your first rodeo, but just in case - grab some good gear and be safe!

Pictures never hurt either! :thumbup::thumbup:

Bunkka

Reaction score
Visit site

^^ Haha! Well now, looks like you can spend the wet day cleaning things and getting everything checked out! Save the headers for later!!!

Congrads on the New Ride! Sounds like its not your first rodeo, but just in case - grab some good gear and be safe!

Pictures never hurt either! :thumbup::thumbup:

Haha, the mothers polish will come out!

I have some decent gear already, but I can tell I am going to need to swap a couple pieces of gear out for something a little more appropriate.

My Alpinestars Toucan GTX boots are perfect on the supermoto, but I will probably pick up some Sidi's for a better fit to the FZ ergos and pegs. My boots actually did surprisingly well today, though, and they are already gore-tex goodness and perfect for cold wet weather.

My Icon Variant grabs too much air when I shoulder check. Especially around 75-80. A Shoei GT Air Wanderer should be in the mail towards the end of the week.

I should have a little more than pics after Sunday's ride. I have a cam also.

I have read so many reviews on the bike, comparisons of it to other bikes, the pros/cons... etc... but this does feel like love at first sight.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site

Haha, the mothers polish will come out!

I have some decent gear already, but I can tell I am going to need to swap a couple pieces of gear out for something a little more appropriate.

My Alpinestars Toucan GTX boots are perfect on the supermoto, but I will probably pick up some Sidi's for a better fit to the FZ ergos and pegs. My boots actually did surprisingly well today, though, and they are already gore-tex goodness and perfect for cold wet weather.

My Icon Variant grabs too much air when I shoulder check. Especially around 75-80. A Shoei GT Air Wanderer should be in the mail towards the end of the week.

I should have a little more than pics after Sunday's ride. I have a cam also.

I have read so many reviews on the bike, comparisons of it to other bikes, the pros/cons... etc... but this does feel like love at first sight.
I'm in need of a helmet upgrade too and the gt air is without a doubt my pick. I just need to get sizing figured out at the store. Let us know how you like it!

Last edited:

Bunkka

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm in need of a helmet upgrade too and the gt air is without a doubt my pick. I just need to get studying figured out at the store. Let us know how you like it!

Will do! I just hope it fits my huge head.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrates on the new bike!!! Same color scheme as mine!!

Its by far, my favorite bike (sold the others, I usually have up to three in the garage) in 40 years of riding. :thumbup:

PM sent too..

fedexguy

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid 3k for my 2004 fz6 it had only 3400 miles like new. I would not give the guy more then 2500 just my 2 cents good luck