Reaction score
Visit site
OH, my god, you people are cracking me up!!! :rof: :rof: :rof:
I said it once before, and I will say it again:
I don't know how you guys walk around with those things!!! :eek:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I mean, just look at the differences in our individual physiology!

Is that a special hobby of yours? :D

You might also consider bar risers. It enables you to sit further from the tank. Those of us who have them find that sitting back a bit more is an improvement. If you're actually pressed against the tank, God know what might happen if you rode too long at 5k.

Budha59

Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

I sat a bit further back on the seat this morning for a portion of my ride, with my butt against the curvature at the back. Probably did it twice for a minute at a time and it solved the problem. No more dead or tingly meat and 'taters.

Was this problem solved on the 07 fazer onwards, or do you guys with the newer bikes have the same problem? Maybe Yamaha needs to know about the issue?

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that a special hobby of yours? :D

You might also consider bar risers. It enables you to sit further from the tank. Those of us who have them find that sitting back a bit more is an improvement. If you're actually pressed against the tank, God know what might happen if you rode too long at 5k.

Bar risers is the way to go (you sit further back),also the pre 07 seat is very hard although it slopes less than the new one.
Ive got both,an 07 with gel and an 04 with memory foam.
If I want to sit further back I use the04,for more padding I use the 07 :rockon:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of 'interesting' threads on the forum today haha.

If no one's suggested it already, get some biker shorts with the padding in the nether region.....I picked a pair up a few weeks ago and it's ridiculous how much they help - at first it kinda feels like a diaper but you'll get over that once you realize how much it helps by cushioning your entire undercarriage and wicking away sweat. I can easily ride 200 miles more than I used to before I get sore and need a break and you hardly feel the vibes down there (might be unfortunate for some :eyebrow:)