International Scam.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I think someone is trying to Screw me. It all started on the 27th of May. I received an email from a company called "Tint Ceramics" (http://www.tintceramics.com

Here is what the email said:

Job seeker,

This mail is from the human resources department of TINT CERAMICS®.
We are currently recruiting VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS in USA and Canada.
TINT CERAMICS® specializes in ceramic products and we have branches in USA, CANADA, and CHINA.
We are going through an expansion process and we are opening new outlets to be closer to our esteem customers all around USA and Canada.

Due to slow remittance of payments from buyers who are interested in our Products and services outside our home state, which slows shipping processes to buyers/clients, we are in search of a regional VIRTUAL ASSISTANT for your city.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

As our regional VIRTUAL ASSISTANT in your city, these are your duties:

-Receiving accredited payment (Money Order/Checks) from customers (maximum of 3payments/week). It will be mailed to you via a courier service (USPS/FEDEX/UPS).

- Instruction will be forwarded to you regarding your procedures on how payments from customers should be handled and processed, as it will be cashed at your bank.

-Keeping full inventory of monthly billings, payments and all other activities which would be forwarded to our head office monthly for records.

-You are to be reachable easily by phone or email and respond promptly.

-You will be paid $300 weekly as your basic wages and an allowance of $250 for transport every month (Working from home at a convenient time, 2hrs/day 3payments per week). Note that the job does not require any traveling when you start full time work at our new outlet due to be opened in your city in a month. For the time being, your pay will be deducted from payments (which you have processed at your bank) sent to you by our customers.

-You will be going through this trial/training period until the outlet will be opened in a month. This is to test your efficiency and trustworthiness in working with us. You are assured a full time work with a good pay if your trial period is excellent.

-Sending funds to our raw material supplier in via western union money transfer.

-Our benefits include flexible working hours, health and dental insurance, bonus of $250 per month, 401k and a vacation after 6 months working with our company.

-Please do not hesitate to ask any questions as we will be glad to answer them as soon as we can. Kindly fill the employment form below for documentation so that we can prepare your employment documents.

If you are interested, please reply this email with the information below for documentation:

1. Full Name
2. House Address
3. City
4. State
5. Zip Code
6. Contact Phone
7. Email
8. Occupation

Please, let us know how soon you will be available to start work.

Best Regards,
Sean Smith
Human Resources Department,
TINT CERAMICS®
[email protected]

Well it so happens that that same week I was looking for a small part time job to do at home as i need the extra cash. So I checked out the website and Indeed it look like an online site selling ceramic products. I sent them all the requested information. No response for a week. I emailed them asking if the position is still open. still no response. Noday as I was leaving for work I saw a brown paper envelope with my name and address on it. I opened it and inside were two money gram checks worth $855.00 each. a total of $1,710.00. Also inside the envelope is a piece of paper that said to check my email for instruction on what to do with the money grams. I checked my email after work and nothing.

I go back to google and typed in the company name and this came up
Fraud Email Letters: ACCEPTANCE

When i type in tint ceramics fraud on google this is what I get:

tint ceramics - Google Search

also the address on the money gram is in Texas. the address on the envelope is from Easton PA?? where ever that is. on the money gram it says INTERNATIONAL money gram. Also the money gram is dated April 29. The company didn't contact me until one month later.

On one of the websites it said not to cash the checks, because it is a fraud.

so....... any suggestions? should I just rip up the checks and flush them down the toilet? contact the authorities? It kind of seems like im the middle man in a scheme where someone over seas is trying to screw someone here? Do these does this money belong to someone else? I'm so confused. The scariest thing is that these people have my information.

Last edited:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my sister went thru something very similar! DONT CASH THEM! report it and try not to touch the money order that wat the cops said to my sister...if u cash it next thing you know u get an email saying oops i gave u the wrong amount can u send me some of the money back then thats how they scam u cuz the check/money order will bounce cuz its a fake!!:(

be careful be smart

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
my sister went thru something very similar! DONT CASH THEM! report it and try not to touch the money order that wat the cops said to my sister...if u cash it next thing you know u get an email saying oops i gave u the wrong amount can u send me some of the money back then thats how they scam u cuz the check/money order will bounce cuz its a fake!!:(

be careful be smart

so basically after you send them the money you end up with a bill???? how did the situation with your sister turn out?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so basically after you send them the money you end up with a bill???? how did the situation with your sister turn out?
This is a well known scam,

They contact you asking for a return of the percentage of the funds. The Cheques are fraudulent. This is how the scam generates money for the fraudsters.
Contact the authorities.
The fact that they are dated a month before your initial contact should ring alarm bells.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Well you guys were on the money. They sent me this email this morning:

Dear Representative,

Kindly note that the first task delivered by the Us mail yesterday..Kindly deduct your $300 commission as a virtual assistant and forward the remains to this information via western union below.

Receiver..Rebecca Jones

address..13 waffi street
state..Manilla
country.Phillipines

Amount to send: Remaining funds after deducting your $300 as well as the western
union transfer charges.

You are to email me the transfer details below as it appears on the transfer slip.

-Sender's Name and Address used for the transfer.

-Money transfer Control Number {10 digits}.

-Total Amount Sent after deduction of western union charges for the transfer.

*You are to tabulate the exact time taken to complete the process and your observations about their services based on the above mentioned sectors we are evaluating

*You are also to provide the name of the cashier that attended to you.

Will look forward reading from you with the details of the transfer.

Kind Regards,

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The sad part is...they actually get a lot of people with this BS!

People these days have no common sense.

Question everything! :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site

she basically got f'd over almost $600 bucks cuz someone sent her a legit looking check for like $1000 for a product that only cost $400 n she got an email saying "oOo im sorry my my accountant made a huge mistake on the funds bla bla bla can u send a money order w the $600 i gave you that was over?" then like a dummy that she is she did n two days later the bank calls and the legit looking check was a fake. And she was down $600 cuz u cant get the money order back it is basically cash in hand.

there are some F****** assholes out there that will do anything to take ur money i hope whoever that was goes to jail and gets sexually assaulted

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well you guys were on the money. They sent me this email this morning:

Dear representative,

kindly note that the first task delivered by the us mail yesterday..kindly deduct your $300 commission as a virtual assistant and forward the remains to this information via western union below.

Receiver..rebecca jones

address..13 waffi street
state..manilla
country.phillipines

amount to send: Remaining funds after deducting your $300 as well as the western
union transfer charges.

You are to email me the transfer details below as it appears on the transfer slip.

-sender's name and address used for the transfer.

-money transfer control number {10 digits}.

-total amount sent after deduction of western union charges for the transfer.

*you are to tabulate the exact time taken to complete the process and your observations about their services based on the above mentioned sectors we are evaluating

*you are also to provide the name of the cashier that attended to you.

Will look forward reading from you with the details of the transfer.

Kind regards,

totall bs dont do it!!!!!!! Scam for sure!!!

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I got caught out by one of these when I was younger,.....so I took the check and cashed it in one of those cash your cheque instantly shops although the shop kept 18% as there fee I still walked out with some cash in hand fr tom the scammers lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
cash the checks it's yours, scam the scammer!

:eek: Doh!!!! Don't cash them! Doh!!!! :eek:

You should be able to look up who is investigating this scam and send the checks to them. Maybe return the checks to where they came from. You know, return to sender.:rolleyes:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
In a time like this with a poor global economy you can expect more and more scammers and more and more attempts to steal your identity!

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Kindly note that the first task delivered by the Us mail yesterday..Kindly deduct your $300 commission as a virtual assistant and forward the remains to this information via western union below.

Receiver..Rebecca Jones

address..13 waffi street
state..Manilla
country.Phillipines

Don't we have any members in the Philippines? Somebody should ride down to Waffi St and tell them they've got a check from WI, USA that is supposed to go to a Rebecca Jones. Whatever their real name is, they deserve a virtual @ss kicking. This World Wide Web works both ways ya know!

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to the scam, they have a self-verified valid email address and contact information, which are valuable and can be sold.

Throw the materials away, and anticipate more spam/junk mail.

Sorry...hey, any frustration is a good excuse to go for a ride :thumbup:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't we have any members in the Philippines? Somebody should ride down to Waffi St and tell them they've got a check from WI, USA that is supposed to go to a Rebecca Jones. Whatever their real name is, they deserve a virtual @ss kicking. This World Wide Web works both ways ya know!

LOL that sounds like a good idea.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely not sending any money to anyone. I just wish there was something I could do to stop these people. I mean I have so much information/ evidence against them. I don't like to hold a grudge, but these a**holes deserve it.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
she basically got f'd over almost $600 bucks cuz someone sent her a legit looking check for like $1000 for a product that only cost $400 n she got an email saying "oOo im sorry my my accountant made a huge mistake on the funds bla bla bla can u send a money order w the $600 i gave you that was over?" then like a dummy that she is she did n two days later the bank calls and the legit looking check was a fake. And she was down $600 cuz u cant get the money order back it is basically cash in hand.

there are some F****** assholes out there that will do anything to take ur money i hope whoever that was goes to jail and gets sexually assaulted

that sucks. However I'm sure she learned a good lesson, a very expensive lesson, but still a good lesson.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely not sending any money to anyone. I just wish there was something I could do to stop these people. I mean I have so much information/ evidence against them. I don't like to hold a grudge, but these a**holes deserve it.

i hope these people get robbed to see how it feels!!!:Flip:

that sucks. However I'm sure she learned a good lesson, a very expensive lesson, but still a good lesson.

YES she did!

im filipino and have been to the philippines...and if there was an fz rider there either their bike will get stolen or they will get robbed at gun point next day lol or get killed by crazy filipino drivers:shakehead: