Same-sex passenger

peppaster

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently moved from Italy to California.
This also helped moving from a Kawa er-5 (still in italy) to a Yama FZ6 (huuuuge improvement :Flash: ).

Anyway, this is the story: usually I ride alone or with my girlfriend, but few days ago I gave a ride to a friend of mine (male, like me) to avoid the traffic of Huntington Beach. ****! At least three or four guys started making fun of us saying: "Ah Ah... are you guys gay?".. "What the hell... are you gay or what?"

First of all I find it pretty offensive for real homosexual people (who I deeply respect), second I don't see what's the point of considering as gay two guys riding together. I mean, why two guys are ok in a car but not on a bike.

I was pretty surprised, since there are no such problems in Europe (or at least in Italy). Any consideration about this thing? Do you (especially americans) avoid ride with same-sex passenger?

agutierrez

Reaction score
Visit site
You went around OC riding Man-dem? That is awesome.

I do it every once in a while, but when I do it, I expect a ration of crap. People everwhere are homophobic, and OC is probably worse than some. If you're secure, go for it. I'm not sure I would out there, but i've done it.

One way to avoid future incidents would be to install a wig on the passenger's helmet.

Last edited:

jrgimaging

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to america!!

it really is a different world here. because americans still view motorcycles as toys instead of valid means of transportation - and consequently do not afford t hem appropriate levels of respect - i'm surprised people werent throwing things at you. motorcycles are used more for image in this country than anything else, and it will attract a certain kind of class of citizen who feels the need to comment on that image with volume

dont worry, you'll eventually learn to drown them out.

quick fz

Throttle Jockey!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
nut to butt huh? yeah you could catch alot of **** for that around CT.... luckily all my friends have their own bikes :)
sorry to hear that some people gave you a hard time. next time just give them a couple of these :Flip:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Next time just say "Yea I am sexy boy, want to come back to my place with us? You look like you would enjoy a couple of men like us. Nice hair." or, "No, I just picked him up from running away from your dad after your dad came home early and found him on top of your mom."

Make a game out of it. People are just insecure with themselves, so if they're around their friends and say something to you, say something to embarass them and they'll never hear the end of it from their friends and you can just shrug it off and laugh about it.

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently moved from Italy to California.
This also helped moving from a Kawa er-5 (still in italy) to a Yama FZ6 (huuuuge improvement :Flash: ).

Anyway, this is the story: usually I ride alone or with my girlfriend, but few days ago I gave a ride to a friend of mine (male, like me) to avoid the traffic of Huntington Beach. ****! At least three or four guys started making fun of us saying: "Ah Ah... are you guys gay?".. "What the hell... are you gay or what?"

First of all I find it pretty offensive for real homosexual people (who I deeply respect), second I don't see what's the point of considering as gay two guys riding together. I mean, why two guys are ok in a car but not on a bike.

I was pretty surprised, since there are no such problems in Europe (or at least in Italy). Any consideration about this thing? Do you (especially americans) avoid ride with same-sex passenger?

I rode 3 up one time - and on a 50cc! Yes, 3 males.
F#@$'em! Next time ask them whether or not they did that wrestling in school, that they like so much over here, and when they say yes, ask them which is more gay, grabbing hold of another guy in skin tight spandex/lycra or riding on a motorcycle with another male?

:rockon:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, are you gay??????

Just kidding, I've been on the back of a friend's FZ6 and it was fun. People in the US apparently have self-confidence issues etc. compared to other places which tends to explain a lot. The point about bikes being considered toys here is also a good one.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to ride on the back of my mates GSXR years ago in the UK before I got my license, we would have a blast :thumbup: I never got any comments from others it was just two guys out having some fun.

I don't know about America.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the small number of closed minded morons make alot more noise than the rest of us.

I wouldn't worry about it. F 'em.

Anyway, welcome to the US. Please don't go to The Olive Garden or you'll really lose respect for us. :Flash:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately its the same way up here....4 nuts, 2 wheels?!? nooo way!
One time my hubby needed a ride to pick up his bike, his choices were, nut to butt with a friend or 2 up with me...him riding b*tch lol....we took the truck:rof:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately its the same way up here....4 nuts, 2 wheels?!? nooo way!
One time my hubby needed a ride to pick up his bike, his choices were, nut to butt with a friend or 2 up with me...him riding b*tch lol....we took the truck:rof:

lol that's great!!

any way as to the first post....

2 guys in a car is cool

to guys snuggled on a bike is only ok if your buddy lowsided during the days ride.

other than that dudes should ride with females (unless they're ghey then it's ok)

there are also several "man rules" for using the urinal in public with other men.

here is a list to get you started.

Hehe. Man rules.

having said that I wouldn't hesitate to give a guy a ride on my bike, i'd rather do that then let someone ride my bike alone.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe in any of that man law crap. A lot of guys have never got their fingers dirty or couldn't even put together an IKEA dresser. They were never athletes and only watch it on TV and critique it. Then they'll go and talk about things being gay and "man" stuff. What defines a "man"?

I'd take a buddy for a ride if he wanted. But really unless you are tiny, even a normal sized girl will put most bikes very close to the GVWR.

W

wrightme43

I have gave a guy friend a ride on my bike. I dont really give a crap what backwoods hill scroggins think anyway.

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
hey man dont u worry, the only one that has to be sure of his sexuality is you, the rest are just a bunch of meat heads!!! i used to ride sometime with friends in ecuador/south america, but doesnt meant we were gay!!! its just a bunch of crap from a bunch of ignorant, bored people.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL. I actually just remembered that when I first got my learners I picked up a 1978 KZ400 off a coworker. My friend who had his license took me on the back for about 40km on the highway to get home. It was pretty damn funny seeing that little bike dominated with two guys on it. I think it maxed out at 110km/h.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
second I don't see what's the point of considering as gay two guys riding together. I mean, why two guys are ok in a car but not on a bike.

A while back I developed the following formula for determining how many guys may be transported by any given vehicle without incurring a loss of man points:

Code:
Number of dudes == (Number of wheels on vehicle) / (Number of testicles of all passengers)

Thus for your average man this works out to: 2 wheels / 2 testes = 1 man per motorcycle.
Additionally, you'll notice that by using this method you could easily put two Lance Armstrongs on a single bike. Chuck Norris, on the other hand, can only drive an 18 wheeler with a spare tire.

It's just a joke of course......nobody hurt me please:spank:.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Yea, both my twin and I have given each other rides.

Rule 1...and this is the only rule to tandem: the bike owner rides it, the guest is B*tch.

If you get hooted at, stand up on the bag and start screaming like "OH YEA BABY THIS MOTORCYCLE MAKES ME SO HOT" while humping his helmet. It's gets them all embarassed because then the situation becomes focused on them, and how they react to it. They usually shut up or they figure it out that with the big smiles and laughing that ensues that they were totally wrong and hopefully realize it isn't gay.

like most people said on the thread: F*ck em...who cares...you got the bike...they're walking or in traffic.

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely not homophobic. Gay people don't bother me at all... but no WAY am I letting some dudes crotch that close to my rear...

Just personal preference, I guess. :thumbup: