rubber intake manifolds.

jammy dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
hey all just new to this.i have 01 fz600 that is loosing power when i hit high revs. the 4 'rubber intake manifolds' are cracked and perished. this could be causind damp to get in.but i have been told they are a very thick rubber so it might not be damaged right the way through . so its possibly something else .can anyone help please?

fuel starvation? kinked vacuum hose or breather? low float height? blocked fuel filter? weak spark?

How about a vacuum leak? It would make sense if it only happens at high revs when the suction is greatest. If your intake boots are cracking then there is no reason why a rubber vacuum hose wouldn't be cracking also.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
How many miles on the bike? has it had the valves adjusted. The cracked boots would probably give you more a problem at idle. Rub some black RTV silicone compound in the cracks on the boots and then wipe the surface of the boots clean for now. Let the silicone set up for a few hours and see if it runs different.

Everything everyone has said here is good advice. Personally I would look at your fuel situation. I think it is either starving for gas or you have some bad gas/residue somewhere. JMO. Good luck and let us know what it was! Safe riding!

Back