Rubatone?? wtf?

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
when the obli needs advice he goes to his fellow fz6ers!!
ok so it was time for a new helmet after my old one met the road after i met a car.... ugh..
anyways i picked up a domain 2 in rubatone.. ive been riding with it and noticed where the bugs hit me i see some like grease spot looking thingies water dosent seem to take it off good anyone have any ideas?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Obli,
You should be safe with alcohol. Try it on the very edge of the shield where it can't be seen. The plastic should be pretty immune/inert to the alcohol. But test an inconspicuous area. If it seems not to affect the shield try a spot that the water wouldn't clean up. Also use a microfiber cloth. I wouldn't use lacquer thinner or acetone. I use plexus on my face shield and it seems to clean everything. Probably wouldn't hurt to use some Windex. No Paper towels!

Hope this helps,
Cliff

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
thx ncc
i was reading about plexus and heard its really good for the shield i just wasnt sure how its for the weird but so sexy rubatone?
i will try the alc here in a min

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a black almost rubber like finish on the HJC helmet I have. It's a great look and I wish my Scorpion EXO 1000 had that finish instead of the gloss black.

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Protect All on everything. On my helmet, on my bike, on my boots, everwhere. It takes bugs and grease off no probs.