Rim damaged??

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Was cleaning the rims today and applying rim stripes til I noticed this on the left side of the rear tire. How screwed am I?
y7ybagah.jpg
eqepytyv.jpg

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
spray it with soap and water see if its bubbling if so you need to take it to a wheel shop and have them check it,

if its just the flange it can be bent back to keep the wheel bead seated if it is bent on the bead seat bubble would indicate this your gonna need major repair to the rim and buying a new or used one would probably save you $$

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tire holds air solid and don't notice any effects while riding but just seems to be the lip edge.

check for bubbles as the leak my not be audible due to the size just a little spray from with a soapy water solution,

check for bubble if non are present

id just get the flange bent back

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
You can find places that will repair it. I just had a rim repaired for the front by a guy in Mesa, AZ. He did a great job, almost a magician

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Check my tire pressure regularly and never had a noticeable loss and no soap bubbling. I'm used to cars, still learning bikes, how much to fix something like this and is it dangerous to ride in its current state. Again, no idea when or how it happened. I've dealt with cracked rims on cars before but nothing like this.