Riders in GA?

Kimbo

Reaction score
Visit site
figured i would bring this thread back to life. i am headed up to fort mountain 2up with the wife and a buddy on his kawasaki 650r. we're gonna take 411 into the park,eat lunch in ellijay,down 515/575,hwy108-hwy20,and back home. if anyone wants to join let me know. kickstands up for us at about 11:00,but we could meet at the gas station at red top mtn exit

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
figured i would bring this thread back to life. i am headed up to fort mountain 2up with the wife and a buddy on his kawasaki 650r. we're gonna take 411 into the park,eat lunch in ellijay,down 515/575,hwy108-hwy20,and back home. if anyone wants to join let me know. kickstands up for us at about 11:00,but we could meet at the gas station at red top mtn exit

Is this a plan for today or this weekend?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
hey kimbo if you dont mind me asking where abouts do you live in dallas? i used to live off 61 down braswell mtn rd

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm pretty booked up this weekend. But also a fellow georgia rider. I'm over in Commerce (Tanger outlets and Atlanta Dragstrip on I-85) Just thought I'd suscribe to this thread and maybe we can all get a bigger group ride planned a little in advance so everyone can schedule around it? Also I'll be in ATL next weekend for the braves game (giving out Sid Bream bobbleheads) if anybody wants to meet. Not for sure that I'll be on the bike yet or not depending on weather (and 85 is a pretty boring ride straight to ATL hah)

Kimbo

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm pretty booked up this weekend. But also a fellow georgia rider. I'm over in Commerce (Tanger outlets and Atlanta Dragstrip on I-85) Just thought I'd suscribe to this thread and maybe we can all get a bigger group ride planned a little in advance so everyone can schedule around it? Also I'll be in ATL next weekend for the braves game (giving out Sid Bream bobbleheads) if anybody wants to meet. Not for sure that I'll be on the bike yet or not depending on weather (and 85 is a pretty boring ride straight to ATL hah)

it is kinda short notice, just came across the thread and thought i'ld throw it out there. but yeah a big group ride would be cool

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Well kinda late to the party (and the notice is even more late but fwiw): GTPAddict and I are meeting up tomorrow (Sunday 06/03) morning at Racetrac-888 Buford Rd, Cumming, GA around 8:30 am.
Will head to Rider's hill at 3003 Morrison Moore Parkway East Dahlonega, GA 30533 and then around blood mountain...

Would be nice if others can make it as well....

Kimbo

Reaction score
Visit site
bluemoon-how was blood mountain? been wanting to get back up there,but the traffic was horrible the last couple of times i rode it. not only motorcycles,but both bicycles and cagers! great road though, let me know if ya'll go again. rode fort moutain for the 1st time on sunday with peteehoward, and i think blood mountain might be a little more fun, but we saw 2 other bikes other than our group and 2 cars, it was great!

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Blood mountain was pretty good. There wasn't too much traffic at all, not not too many bicycles either.

Unfortunately there was a guy that lost his bike around a curve - and I mean lost it. I saw him climbing back up and stopped to make sure he was OK, and I'm glad to report he was. Not sure exactly what happened, but his bike was laying in a creek about 25 feet down a pretty damn steep drop off. There was no way they could have gotten it out without a wrecker, but we left shortly after that so I don't know what ever happened.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
My new chain and sprockets should be here in the next few days, I have a ride planned Sunday on the klr but I'll be back ready for the mountians for next time

Kimbo

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang! it wasn't one of those hard lefts about 1/3 of the way back down was it? i saw a similar accident in that area, and although he's ok, he was not able to climb back up. i believe he was riding a cbr1000.
Chevy-wish i would have kept my dual sport. where do you usually ride to on the klr?