Rider and Passenger nearly thrown 500ft

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NORTHFIELD, Ohio -- Authorities are investigating an overnight motorcycle crash that has left two people seriously injured after they were thrown nearly 500 feet.

According to a spokesperson for the Summit County Sheriff's Office, the accident happened on the I-271 northbound entrance ramp from Route 8 at 12:05 a.m.

The Summit County Sheriff's Reconstruction Unit estimates James Thompson, 43, of Maple Heights and Charlisa Weaver, 22, of Brooklyn, were traveling at a very high rate of speed before losing control of the motorcycle.

The motorcycle struck and rode a concrete wall for over 900 feet before bursting into flames with both passengers aboard.

The motorcycle eventually struck a guardrail and sent both passengers nearly 500 feet from the point of impact.

According to a spokesperson for the Summit County Sheriff's Office, both Thompson and Weaver were taken to Akron City Hospital with serious injuries and burns. Authorities say Thompson was wearing a helmet, but Weaver was not.

Investigators say both alcohol and speed are factors in the crash.

Motorcycle Riders Survive Crash, Thrown Nearly 500 Feet - WJW

Thought this was an interesting story, also hope they have learned a lesson. I feel no sympathy for drug users and alcoholic users. I do hope they get better though, but dont really have my sympathy.

Last edited:

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone who drinks and rides deserves whatever they get. I have no sympathy either. I also don't let anyone on the back of my bike without a helmet and at least jeans and solid shoes.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
We had a similar one last week.

Rider and pillion, 2am, neither had helmets, and high speed.

I mean, you ask for trouble you get it.

The rider died, pillion survived.

:(

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
this is why freinds and family of good and conscientious riders worry when their friends are out for a nice bike ride...

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
tHe insurance company should not pay off any claims, medical or for the bike. Not wearing a helmet is attempted suicide. No one should have to pay for that.