Extremely Lucky Jerk

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In a nutshell, a local squid led cops on a pretty long chase, crashed at 70 mph (see correction at the bottom), set his bike under an SUV and caused them both to burn, got up and ran away, and wasn't wearing any gear at all! :eek:

Front page of today's paper:

SLC sports biker who flees police hurt in collision

CORINNE -- The Utah Highway Patrol is working to learn the identity of a Salt Lake City man who attempted to outrun police on a sport motorcycle in a wild pursuit that included a fiery wreck and a short foot chase.

The incident began Monday afternoon when a UHP sergeant driving north on Interstate 15 near the Weber/Box Elder county line saw the motorcyclist creep past him and then punch the gas, accelerating to an estimated 120 mph, said UHP Lt. Lee Perry.

The trooper immediately realized he could never catch the man and put an attempt-to-locate call over the radio.

About three minutes later, a Department of Public Safety sergeant in an unmarked police car saw the motorcycle blow by the 1100 South interchange in Brigham City at better than 100 mph, Perry said.

"The second sergeant sees the bike pass him, gets on the freeway and tries to catch up, but the bike was so fast that he couldn't keep up with him," Perry said.

The man took the 900 North offramp in Brigham City and headed west into Corinne, where police briefly lost track of him, Perry said.

A nearby Weber County Sheriff's Office deputy and the DPS officer were converging on the area when the man was spotted on a side street just off State Road 13.

"As they turn their lights and sirens on, he bolts," Perry said.

The biker sped east on SR 13 into heavy traffic and accelerated. Near the 3800 West intersection, the man crossed into oncoming traffic to pass a vehicle and drove in front of a green Ford Expedition.

The driver of the Expedition swerved into the oncoming lane to miss the cycle, but the motorcyclist crossed back into the eastbound lane, causing the Expedition to try to swerve back as well, Perry said.

The two vehicles hit nearly head on, sending the rider flying and wedging the bike under the SUV.

Perry estimated the motorcyclist was driving at least 40 mph at the time of the wreck.

The motorcycle burst into flames under the SUV and ignited its undercarriage. The passengers were able to get out before flames engulfed the vehicle, Perry said.

"They're fine, other than their vehicle being toasted."

The biker, who wasn't wearing a helmet or a shirt, ran from the crash and was arrested a short distance away.

"He ran, and then got to someone's front porch and discovered he was more injured than he thought he was, and bleeding more than he thought he was," Perry said. "He gave up."

The entire episode lasted about 20 minutes, Perry said.

The road was closed for about an hour as the Corinne Fire Department responded to put out the blaze and remove the wreckage.

Perry said police wouldn't have continued the chase much farther because of heavy traffic exiting the nearby ATK Launch Systems plant.

"It was a real dangerous situation to be in," Perry said. "If it would have gone to a full-blown pursuit, everyone would have canceled."

The biker was taken to Bear River Valley Hospital in Tremonton for treatment.

"He got some pretty significant road rash on his arms and legs," Perry said. "Luckily, he didn't hit his head."

The man was released from the hospital and booked into Box Elder County Jail on numerous driving charges, including evading police and leaving the scene of an accident.

The man gave police a fake name following the crash, and police have taken his fingerprints to determine his true identity.

Perry said the man said he didn't know police were after him until they turned on their lights and sirens in Corinne.

Comment By: Christoph @ 08/20/2008, 8:50 AM

The details of this story are very inaccurate. I witnessed this accident. The motorcycle and SUV did not hit head on. The rider laid the bike down and it slid into the side of the SUV. The momentum of the bike slid it up and under the front end of it. Also, the biker was going at least 70 when he crashed. Good to hear they caught him though, I saw him get up and start running.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IDIOT!

I guess it is true what they say, you can't fix stupid!

Would love to see the photos of his rash, dumbass.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Why can't those always end in death?....sorry if you think that's wrong but he deserved it....and i'm kinda messed up like that. (instant karma)

Thanks for the post Botch

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This seems to be the only publicity that motorcyclists get now days. This guy should be castrated.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Why can't those always end in death?....sorry if you think that's wrong but he deserved it....and i'm kinda messed up like that. (instant karma)

No way. That's far too easy for an idiot like that. Road rash hurts like hell and jail is even worse. :thumbup: