Revolutionary new cable lubricator

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chemiker, how often are the cables supposed to be lubricated? This is one of those maintenance items that I should have looked into but never have.

Yamaha recommends lubricating your control cables every 4000 miles. I do it about that, and always notice a huge difference in how much better the bike is to operate. The clutch is so much easier to pull, and the throttle is a lot smoother. See for yourself!

arkay

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done this since getting a bike, just used a fish oil syringe with a wide(ish) bore needle.

Good luck with the sales though:thumbup:

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, great idea! Was a right mess when I tried oiling cables on my previous bike, can you pm me shipping cost to the UK? Thanks

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Many of these kits have gone out in the last week. Thanks for the orders and let me know how you all like them :thumbup:

Also wanted to let everyone know, I'm offering a refill kit of 3 sryinges for $6 USD plus $3 shipping and handling, so hang on to those tubes when you're done.

Thanks!
Travis

magicc8ball

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i got mine yesterday and was very impressed by how quickly you got it out thanks CHEMIKER. I will be applying the oil to the bike when it warms up enough to ride it! Im down in TX and right now it feels like it is 15 degrees outside...

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is good timing! I was just thinking that I need to lube the cables on both my moto's, and honestly, none of the options out there look all that great. I'm not about take the whole dang assembly apart just to spend a few seconds lubing a cable, nor am I going to deal with some mess-inducing POS. lol You sir, will be getting an order from me when I get home from work later today. Too bad I still don't live in San Jose, I could've just rode over and picked it up. Oh well! lol :thumbup:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is good timing! I was just thinking that I need to lube the cables on both my moto's, and honestly, none of the options out there look all that great. I'm not about take the whole dang assembly apart just to spend a few seconds lubing a cable, nor am I going to deal with some mess-inducing POS. lol You sir, will be getting an order from me when I get home from work later today. Too bad I still don't live in San Jose, I could've just rode over and picked it up. Oh well! lol :thumbup:

And too bad the weather wasn't nicer, I'd deliver one! La Honda -> Stage Rd -> Pescadero Creek Rd is one of my go to routes.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
And too bad the weather wasn't nicer, I'd deliver one! La Honda -> Stage Rd -> Pescadero Creek Rd is one of my go to routes.

Haha, no kidding! the weather up here has been crap. The cities have been decent, but these roads have been barely ride-able as of late. I personally like 84 and Pescadero Roads, as I that's where I learned to drive, and I now live. I don't what happened, but the locals are now just as slow as the tourists! So frustrating. lol Anyways, if you see a silver Protege(modified) dogging some slow poke, or absolutely flying on those roads, that's me. Although on the weekends you'll be more likely to see my blue FZ6!

Forgot to order last night(too tired), but I will tonight, promise!

EDIT : Order has been sent!

Last edited:

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. I haven't put it on ebay yet, so that's why you can't find it. Send $15 via paypal to [email protected] and I'll send you a kit. Don't forget to put your shipping information in the notes when you order.

Paypal sent, thanks. I need a better way to lube cables, this has got to be better than what I've been using.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried 'em out today. It was really easy. Lubed all three cables, and the throttle feels a bit smoother, and the clutch feels MUCH improved. It needed it, apparently. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Travis, I started a thread over on the FZ1 sister site. I linked back to this thread as well as your FB site. Hope this gets you more sales! Also, on FB, since I have my friends list sorted with a Motorcycle group, I suggested your page to all of them who are not on this forum. I'm off to repeat this thread on the FZ6R site as well. :thumbup: