Rev Limiter on your bike (Fz6's only please)

What is your Rev Limiter set at?

• Less than 12k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12k to 12.49k

• 12.5k to 12.99k

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 13k to 13.49k

• 13.5k to 13.99k

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 14k to 14.49k

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 14.5k and higher

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I have changed my rev limiter/engine in my FZ6

• Total voters

GeneM

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you mean where does it red line at on the REVOMETER or can one set it themselves?

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you mean where does it red line at on the REVOMETER or can one set it themselves?

No, what I mean is at what RPM does the rev-limiter kick in. Whether that be before the red-line, or at the very top. Especially for us with the earlier model FZ6's, it may help to select the display to the rpm mode since the digital tachometer can be a bit hard to precisely read.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
To be 100% honest the 1 time I (accidentally) found the limiter my eyes were not looking at the rev counter. Also I don't believe it is possible to change the rev limiter, but if it is I might drop it to 12K so that it matches my buddy's FZ6R :)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To be 100% honest the 1 time I (accidentally) found the limiter my eyes were not looking at the rev counter. Also I don't believe it is possible to change the rev limiter, but if it is I might drop it to 12K so that it matches my buddy's FZ6R :)

Why would you want to lose power on purpose? :spank: I must have some reasoning with this statement I am completly baffled....... :eek:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site

On a bone stock 6R there's nothing pass 10K. Exhaust and PCV help things out a bit but still not enough to be on the juice all the way to 12500!

But with the FZ6 cams it's a different story. HP peak at 10200 and pull strong from 9K-12K and didn't lost any of the sweet mid range. Just got done with my airbox mod... That was the last thing I had to mod to work all together with cams and exhaust. If it all work as plan I should be getting very close to a bone stock FZ6. Dyno will tell...:rockon:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure it is 14.5 from the factory (or is it 14 flat?)...if that is what you are asking. I didn't google it to confirm though...

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you want to lose power on purpose? :spank: I must have some reasoning with this statement I am completly baffled....... :eek:

I thought the :) was enough, but I guess I should have tagged it thus.

<Sarcasm> I might drop it to 12K so that it matches my buddy's FZ6R </Sarcasm>

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the things they do when you get your ECU reflashed is raise the rev limit.

Please note, the OP isn't asking where the pretty red lines are on the tach (redline), but where the bike hits the limiter. (goes nah nah nah nah etc)

At what point, preferably in gear, does it rev and go no higher.

There is possibly a difference between the S1 (at 12500rpm) and the S2 (at 14500rpm) that the OP is trying to ascertain.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Usually over the bars keeping the nose down and not looking. . . :D Well until I hear her misfitting and then shift. :spank:

IIRC its as marked @14.5

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the things they do when you get your ECU reflashed is raise the rev limit.

Please note, the OP isn't asking where the pretty red lines are on the tach (redline), but where the bike hits the limiter. (goes nah nah nah nah etc)

At what point, preferably in gear, does it rev and go no higher.

There is possibly a difference between the S1 (at 12500rpm) and the S2 (at 14500rpm) that the OP is trying to ascertain.

Cheers,
Rick

I gots a S1 and it goes tas 14.5k eh

I think of there is any actual difference its going to be in the restricted models that are not available in the states

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never hit the rev limiter on my 09. I did on my 07, but I can't remember where it was. Too busy paying attention to the road. I was in 5th and hit it and just automatically shifted to 6th one time.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I hit it once. Like everyone else, I'm not looking at the tach when I'm doing it... IIRC I was doing 60+mph in 1st when I did it. I sure ain't trying to read the little numbers on the actual readout (not the tach) to get an accurate number.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Just tested mine on the way home. Was 13700, when i looked down but was probably more like 14k as i might have eased off slightly. Mine's a 2006 s1 European model

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
none of yall have ever pulled in the clutch or had the bike in neutral and went WOT to hear the bike bounce off the limiter?

i have :ban::spank::ban::spank::ban::spank: