Retired...Heavy Pic Thread.:)

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I've come to the decision to hang up the gloves and put the helmet in the closet. I took the insurance off the bike for the first time since I bought it in April of2008 and I cant see myself insuring again in the forseeable future.
The reason(s) mostly being my back. I have a nerve that just likes to send stabbing pain to my big toe while I ride...sorta takes the fun outta things.:p
Another reason almost as big is other road users. From the big rigs all the way to bicyclists....a huge percentage have absolutely no road manners. This past year Ive had more close calls and ridden the least amount in the 4 summers Ive had the bike..just a matter of time for me in my eyes.
So Im gettin' out. Im gonna go over the bike with a fine tooth comb, clean it up, new fluids and put it in storage for a while. Who knows how long...I love looking at it so when I can afford to move my tenant out I'll bring it inside and stick it on the wall. Sick wall art..Its no Duc, but I love the look of the fizzer..:)
Also, I sorta cheated on the fizz last year and found another love....takes me places that are free from the things that bothered me about the street...takes me places where I cant go on the fizz, and it doesnt bother my back like the bike does. Just love it.

This forum has been an invaluable source of info and comedy. The people here have been nothing but friendly and helpful..and I thank those who have helped me get my bike to where it is today...especially rsw81 for the sick R6 headlights..prob the fav mod on my bike....:thumbup:

ps...Ohhh the spikes!?!? What was I doing..:BLAA:

Anyways heres a few tribute/retirement photos of my ride from the beginning...Enjoy!
RideApr140948.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

CromeFootpegInsert.jpg

ChromeRadTrimpiece2.jpg

Ledpods-Night.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its been said that a wise man knows his limitations.

I understand tho, I injured my knee years ago and had to give up dirtbikes.

Good luck on your next venture and dont go too far from the forum:BLAA:

What was this other love you cheated on the fizzer with?????

Shame on you:spank::eek:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you still stick around the forum Paul.

Yea ..Ill be stickin my beak in. Sometimes this place needs some pepper...a little too sweet sometimes but thats why its special..:) My fav forum without a doubt due to the people.....Ill be back in Vegas many times too Kenny...Ill hit u up so you can school me more at the tables..:thumbup:

A pic of you and your buddy with the R6..;)

IMGP2007.jpg

IMGP2008.jpg

IMGP2009.jpg

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its been said that a wise man knows his limitations.

I understand tho, I injured my knee years ago and had to give up dirtbikes.

Good luck on your next venture and dont go too far from the forum:BLAA:

What was this other love you cheated on the fizzer with?????

Shame on you:spank::eek:

Thanks...I got a quad. Gets me to the lakes with the big ones..:)

DSC05594.jpg

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05588.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad day for you :(

I have a back problem but VERY luckily for me, it seldom plays up.

Stick around the forum - we all talk dribble sometimes - doesn't have to always be about bikes :D

Also, you have GOT to stay on the forum so you can keep posting pics of that adorable dog :rockon:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad day for you :(

I have a back problem but VERY luckily for me, it seldom plays up.

Stick around the forum - we all talk dribble sometimes - doesn't have to always be about bikes :D

Also, you have GOT to stay on the forum so you can keep posting pics of that adorable dog :rockon:

Yea its sad, but Ive accepted it. Its been awhile coming. Havent ridden much this year due to back/idiots and Ive also been given a commuter car from my mom-in-law.. a very nice lady. Its an 06 focus..Ive always despised Fords, but beggars cant be choosers. One of the main reasons I got the bike was fuel costs.
Ive been helping out at her winery over the past 5 years, and over dinner a few weeks ago I was whining about how bad my truck is on gas...70 km round trip to work and it was costing me $100+ a week. So she mentions that shes getting a Ford Escape for the winery and I can have the Focus. She says the dealership was gonna give her beans for trade-in value so she'd rather help my wife and I out. VERY nice. 40,000km..500 km and $50 to fill..just broken in...Just holdin my breath it doesn't break down on me..lol.;p

Oh yeah..no prob with the dog pics..WonderGirl's a real poser

IMG_2795-2.jpg

IMG_0135-1.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Paul,
Keep in mind that you can get better as far as that nerve is concerned. You may try to ride a bike that has a little different ergos and that may solve the problem. Or even mod the FZ6 so that you ride in a little different position. There's unfortunately is no help for nitwits on the road.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish you the best.
I couple of years ago I spent a very painful christmas as I had a couple of herniated disks, the pain radiated all over my left leg. This was before buying my bike.

I tried a spinal decompression machine and it has been AWESOME!!!!!
Since then I go regularly (about monthly) to the chiropractor (spinal decompression) and also massage.

This was one of my biggest fears when buying the bike, overall my back is not in the best condition, but it holds on. I have not pushed it with very long rides or a long trip on the bike, at least I'm happy I'm able to ride.

Of course we can not change the people we share the roads with.

Thank you very much for all the awesome pictures,

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish you the best.
I couple of years ago I spent a very painful christmas as I had a couple of herniated disks, the pain radiated all over my left leg. This was before buying my bike.

I tried a spinal decompression machine and it has been AWESOME!!!!!
Since then I go regularly (about monthly) to the chiropractor (spinal decompression) and also massage.

This was one of my biggest fears when buying the bike, overall my back is not in the best condition, but it holds on. I have not pushed it with very long rides or a long trip on the bike, at least I'm happy I'm able to ride.

Of course we can not change the people we share the roads with.

Thank you very much for all the awesome pictures,
Yep, I have a bulging disc in my spine which I hope NEVER pops out fully. When it's inflammed the pain is bad enough. Add that to my Schermann's disease in my spin (spinal nodes are fused together) and I CAN be a very unhappy camper.

Could be worse though :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice photo's, i remember the first time you posted that photo of you on the mounted chopper....LMFAO!

Looks like you have a fun filled life regardless of riding the bike...

My bet, is one day you will come back to it...

:thumbup::thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's such a great looking FZ.

As for your back....just buy a GS already haha. The 1200 is really extremely luxurious and more so with aftermarket seat. You won't feel a thing.

:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad day mate , sorry you gotta hang up the helmet :( But like all motorbike riders , the bug will bite you again one day GUARANTEED :D Its in our blood & no matter what , you cant get rid of it :rockon:

Thanks for the pictorial view of your time here with us & glad your hanging around :thumbup: