Removing Baffles

Happy J

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

I have recently purchased some scorpion exhausts for my Fazer SP2 07 which now makes the bike sound like a bike. However obviously removing the two baffles makes it sound unbelievebale. Does anyone know what the legal issues other than what I think are a fine from the police (if stopped) and possible invalidated insurance are?

Has anyone got aftermarket exhausts and removed the baffles?

Although it sounds amazing without them the bike become seriously loud.

Even with the baffles I can highly recommend spending the £400 for the exhausts (That price included fitting).

Any thoughts??????????????????????????

Thanks

J

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the states, they don't come with baffles. I called all over and had my local dealer call the disributor, you cannot get them in the US, only in Europe... I couldn't buy them after the fact.... I was told in Europe their a lot more stringent....

I haven't had a problem from law enforcement as their generally quieter than most Harleys (unless you get on it hard and wind it up high).

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone got aftermarket exhausts and removed the baffles?

Yes, Devils. Took the baffles out right away = loud

Just fitted Arrow decat pipe = very loud but makes the bike feel even more responsive

I think the consequences to consider are:
- need better earplugs if you really wind it up
- put the baffles back in if you're going somewhere you might get pulled eg bike show, protest ride/rally etc

Other than that, keep it how you want and enjoy!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. I've got the Scorpion exhausts too. I love the cans - but I've ran them for a week without the removable baffles (DB-killers) and it was just too loud for my poor ears. I value my health more than the extra volume/sound and cars getting out of my way a bit quicker. I have now got the Scorpion decat pipe and it adds more bass and volume than before - but it is not painfully loud.

If you want more sound, I'd recommend that. I'll be posting a vid of the bike before and after the decat pipe was installed and details of the install next week. The pipe needed work though - angle grinding and squashing!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
where did you guys buy your exhausts, and where did you get them for 400 pound?

I'm seriously tempted to get some for christmas...if I can save up 400 for them!! damn student money! :D

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Scorps but its baffles in for me,too loud and I find the bike less responsive without them:thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
where did you guys buy your exhausts, and where did you get them for 400 pound?

I'm seriously tempted to get some for christmas...if I can save up 400 for them!! damn student money! :D
seastar superbikes. Cheapest around. Google them, checkout their site and then ring them. I bought my cans from them. I bought the decat pipe from M&P though. I'm sure they won't mind posting to IRL tho!

Happy J

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys

Thanks for your responses.

How much did you pay for your decat pipe and do you think it is worth it?

Cheers

jason

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone on the other side of the pond knows where the baffles for the new Scorpions can be purchased would be appreciated... There aren't any in the states and I was told are un available... Tks, Scott

Sir Choice

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Uk and have a pair of Scorpions on my fz6 s2. I used to have the baffles in because i too was scared about the cops lol, but then i always seem to take them out and then put them back in every few weeks. Sounds awesome and i always seem to have more responsiveness. Local honda garage said the isnt a law anymore saying you HAVE to have baffles in, also my uncle who is a policeman says the same, however there is Decibel limits and if your bike goes over the limit then you'll have to put them back in for MOT etc. Not likely to be fined if pulled over, they would probably have to give you a notice which gives you a certain amount of time to get the baffles back in and report back to prove it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
seastar superbikes. Cheapest around. Google them, checkout their site and then ring them. I bought my cans from them. I bought the decat pipe from M&P though. I'm sure they won't mind posting to IRL tho!

O thats great! Thanks for the comment on the price etc...

I'm living in the UK myself...so they should have no prob with postage!! i'll look in to it! :)