Redline Water Wetter

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all my Forum Brothers and Sisters,

Does anyone know or have an opinion on using Redline Water Wetter in the bike. I'm about to do a radiator flush and fill and trying to see what's going to be my very best option.

Thanks in advance for all the advice, comments, and crazy answers.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of information in this document: http://www.redlineoil.com/content/files/tech/WaterWetter Tech Info.pdf

Pros:
- Will allow the cooling system to run more efficiently. It will take away a heat load better than any coolant mixture, but it won't necessarily make the fluid temperature drop. IOW, if you ride under normal conditions you won't notice a difference, but if heat load increases a lot it WILL keep your bike running cooler than antifreeze will.
- If it spills due to a leak it has about the same effect as water in regard to traction loss. Take it from me, antifreeze is VERY slick if you ride over it while leaned over...
- It has the same corrosion protection as other coolants.

Cons (Only one that I can think of):
- As mentioned, it offers ZERO freeze protection and ZERO boilover protection. The high temp is not a problem, but the low temp is something to consider. You can't ignore this fact.

I use it in my bikes as I never leave either of them in an environment where the engine will cool below freezing. I mix it with distilled water, one bottle will last several years when properly diluted.

Last edited:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
have it in the car for over 5yrs

still cant get teh ****ign thing hot ona 40 deg day going up a hill, foot to the floor aircon on..

1 bottle is for a car ie 12 ltres of water
u need like 1/4 of this ;)

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Lots of information in this document: http://www.redlineoil.com/content/files/tech/WaterWetter Tech Info.pdf

Pros:
- Will allow the cooling system to run more efficiently. It will take away a heat load better than any coolant mixture, but it won't necessarily make the fluid temperature drop. IOW, if you ride under normal conditions you won't notice a difference, but if heat load increases a lot it WILL keep your bike running cooler than antifreeze will.
- If it spills due to a leak it has about the same effect as water in regard to traction loss. Take it from me, antifreeze is VERY slick if you ride over it while leaned over...
- It has the same corrosion protection as other coolants.

Cons (Only one that I can think of):
- As mentioned, it offers ZERO freeze protection and ZERO boilover protection. The high temp is not a problem, but the low temp is something to consider. You can't ignore this fact.

I use it in my bikes as I never leave either of them in an environment where the engine will cool below freezing. I mix it with distilled water, one bottle will last several years when properly diluted.

Thanks for the link.....

According to their own document, you can use 'wetter' with the std 50/50 water/glycol antifreeze, and get the best heat transfer performance... better than typical water/glycol mixes by measureable amounts.

Seems to me, if your bike is not going on the track..... this would the be best of all combinations. I wonder what the correct mix would be in that scenario? 1/3:1/3:1/3?