Red light or not?

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
See the clip. Do you think the driver is running the red light? Watch it in full screen and slow it down if you have to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEuZo_noVdE]Red light or not.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In Australia there is approx 3 seconds delay between one going red & the other turning green...... Assuming its the same worldwide :don'tknow: absolutley it was red.. Stupid cager :spank:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
In Australia there is approx 3 seconds delay between one going red & the other turning green...... Assuming its the same worldwide :don'tknow: absolutley it was red.. Stupid cager :spank:

Same in the US. There is a longer delay on red lights on higher speed highways then in cities, 4 seconds with high speed, 2 seconds in town.

Yes, that driver ran that light. If you are not in the middle of the intersection before your light turns red then you technically ran the light. I always give crossing traffic that runs the light a horn blast and possibly the 1 finger solute if it was dangerous.

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Same in the US. There is a longer delay on red lights on higher speed highways then in cities, 4 seconds with high speed, 2 seconds in town.

Yes, that driver ran that light. If you are not in the middle of the intersection before your light turns red then you technically ran the light. I always give crossing traffic that runs the light a horn blast and possibly the 1 finger solute if it was dangerous.

I also believe that the yellow is lit for 1 second for every 10 mph of the posted speed limit.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I also believe that the yellow is lit for 1 second for every 10 mph of the posted speed limit.

I believe that sounds about right. I have noticed that I've accidentally run red lights in town because the yellow is lit for only a couple seconds when I'm used to going under lights on the highway where it stays lit for 5 seconds.