recomended jacking point

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
i have checked the manual this time befor asking, but i dont see where is says the recomended lift point is. i do have the center stand but i will be taking both tires off at the same time. i saw a post saying that they used a floor jack/jack stand/ gallon of paint to put under the header pipe. but is this the recomended placeto lift the bike from. will it damage the pipes any? thanks :Flash:

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
Harbor Frieght will sell you a suitable motorcycle jack for under $80

that would be your best bet if your going to use it often!

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
i guess the real question is ---does the header pipe support all the weight of the bike if i was to use a motorcycle jack. i see that there is a plate on it (pipe) but i just want to be sure so i dont bend/damage the pipes. thanks guys

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You won't hurt the header jacking it up there. I put s short piece of 2x4 across the header (to spread the load) and a sizzor jack under that, its adjustable and works great!

Scott

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Centerstand the bike. Tie rope from the centerstand to the front of the bike somewhere so that the centerstand cannot fold up on you.

Jack the front of the bike under the headers.

Doing it this way, the centerstand is still holding 90% of the weight, and the jack under the headers is just keeping the bike balanced.

If you're anal about your headers, put a wooden block between the jack and the headers to protect them.

Fred

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Also a good idea to loosen things were you need to use some force before jacking up, bit like you do when changing a car wheel, eg crack the studs then jackup.