Rear Tire Hugger

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok this may sound stupid but oh well.... I need to get a new rear tire hugger since it did not have one on when I got my bike. I am tired of having crap slung all over the back of her. I have an 04 and found a hugger off an 08. It looks the same as the 04 but I would lke to make sure it would fit before I shell out the money for it. I know they did some changes to the FZ6 in 07 and again in 09 to the FZ6R so will the 08 tire hugger fit on my 04?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok this may sound stupid but oh well.... I need to get a new rear tire hugger since it did not have one on when I got my bike. I am tired of having crap slung all over the back of her. I have an 04 and found a hugger off an 08. It looks the same as the 04 but I would lke to make sure it would fit before I shell out the money for it. I know they did some changes to the FZ6 in 07 and again in 09 to the FZ6R so will the 08 tire hugger fit on my 04?

They changed the swingarm also some. Check part #'s using a part fisch and see if their different.

My Yamaha Prompt - Parts Catalog

Shows the SAME PART # for both...

Last edited:

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I saw that one, I paid about $60 but it is silver plastic which I have not seen to many off. Not to mention when I put the LEDs on it will look good reflecting off of it. But thank you for the heads up.