Ram mount review with pics

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been a while since I have contributed any mod information. Thought it would be good to share my experience with Ram mounts. My current bike has the M10 by 1.25 thread pitch holes where the stock mirrors went. Ram makes 1 inch ball mounts that thread right into those holes. Never permantly removed my FZ6 mirrors when I had one, but there are many different sort of ram mounts for bikes. My initial impression is that the products seem sturdy and well designed. Am going to take a video run this weekend using the GoPro to see how well it works. The phone holder has really nice spring loaded stainless steel arms (see pics). Holds the iphone perfectly with the otterbox case. More to come.....

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe I have the same mount, even positioned in the same area. I am interested in how you like your Go Pro mounted there. Any vibration issues or video becoming a bit irritating from the movement of the handlebars?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just want to mention that I've read more than once that phones have failed from vibration (no give on that RAM setup). Not sure if there's any way to add vibration damping there. My waterproof case has foam padding .. not sure if it helps, but I've been using Garmin for quite a few years without failure.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe I have the same mount, even positioned in the same area. I am interested in how you like your Go Pro mounted there. Any vibration issues or video becoming a bit irritating from the movement of the handlebars?

I will let you know after it gets taken for a ride this weekend.....curious to see how it works out myself.:D

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just want to mention that I've read more than once that phones have failed from vibration (no give on that RAM setup). Not sure if there's any way to add vibration damping there. My waterproof case has foam padding .. not sure if it helps, but I've been using Garmin for quite a few years without failure.

Well, the ram mounts have two rubbery/plastic one inch ball sockets and the mount itself has four rubberized grips at the end of the arms. The otterbox itself has a rubberized/plastic case. Hopefully, that will provide some protection. Guess I better make a fresh backup on the phone just in case. Thanks for the heads up on that!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I never had any issues having my smartphone Galaxy or my Iipod fall off. Like mentoned its spring loaded so its pretty snug.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same x mount our whatever ram calls it. Never had a problem in the year I've had my galaxy s4 mounted in there. It takes some maneuvering to get it in and out one handed, but snug and secure underweigh. I have it mounted to a replacement bolt in the bar clamp.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will let you know after it gets taken for a ride this weekend.....curious to see how it works out myself.:D

Well, it seems to work nicely! The handlebar movement was only slight around the curves. The roads are rough in a few places and the camera does shake a little. Overall, it far exceeded my expectations for performance. I am in the process of uploading a couple of videos to you tube.....