Raising my handlebars?

BePrepared

Reaction score
Visit site
what's the easiest way to bring my handlebars up by 3ish inches? I'd like a bit more upright riding postion, so lengthening them seems logical

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey why dont you just use a couple of chrome sockets, does the same thing dosent it?

How exactly would you do that on FZ6? Upper clamp has the cut outs for the bar to sit in. It doesn't use a bolt-on riser approach like some other bikes.
You can't just add spacers between that and upper clamp.

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 1 inch bar raiser, it a little better then the stock. they say That barbacks on the FZ6 make it feel different. I did notice that 1" made it feel a tiny bit different. but so worth it for long rides. Just wait & look around on the Forum, they sell them for like $40-$70 used on her better then paying retail.

Trust me I know they are overprice that's why I didn't by them new, I think $100+ is too much for piece of aluminum that is made can then one minute. its just another way of milking the cow

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
These are the ones I just got. They raise up the bars by 1.2 inches. The risers are made of aluminum and are solid and sturdy. They work on my FZ6 perfectly!

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
These are the ones I just got. They raise up the bars by 1.2 inches. The risers are made of aluminum and are solid and sturdy. They work on my FZ6 perfectly!

I've used a similar set up before on my dez racing dirt bikes. Not the ideal set up but cheaper then getting a new upper clamp just to fit a set of Protapers. Trust me if it can handle offroad dez racing the FZ6 will be fine. The punishment offroad racing bikes go through is amazing. Never had any problems with this setup offroad at all. Not the cleanest but it works.

Last edited: