Raise seat

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I heard somewhere that you can raise the seat an inch or two. Not willing to get rear sets to move back, just a little taller. I'm itching for addl legroom. Mind you I'm only 5'10" but on some rides the angle of my legs start bothering me, especially on longer rides.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only way I can think to accomplish that is to add foam. Unless you can put like a riser on the bottom? But then it might not latch.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
You can not insert the 'tongue' of the seat in the slot for it in the frame but set it on top. However it can move side to side, but not much because the seat stops because the gas tank is in between. You don't gain much though. I tried it as I don't like the slope, and it gave me more thigh support. Got a Alaska Sheepskin Pillion #1 sheepskin with 1/2 inch dense rubber/foam glued underneath I bought on eBay. It's now MUCH better then stock.

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I know someone that has a raised Corbin seat available. I don't know much about the difference that it makes, but he's very tall and seems to be comfortable with it.

I can put you in touch with him if you want, he's here in Houston so not terribly far from you.